Hacking Is there a Black Ops DLC for wii?

r4ipocketuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well title says it. Will there be a DLC for Black Ops wii? And if so how to people with modded wiis get it without risking their wiis getting bricked?

r4ipocketuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it comes out, can we download via a computer into an SD card? Cos where i live i cant get a hold of any wii points card or even use Wii Shop channel for that matter :/

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I can only speculate, I see no reason why DLC offered in the Wii Shop Channel wouldn't be able to be installed with a WAD manager.

Yoshi Party

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the Wii will most likely get DLC in the next weeks/months

it's not yet confirmed, but it's obvious
ie. after the last update the Wii got a new menupoint to change map in zombie mode. So we will get more zombie maps
wink.gif

there are also some loading screens for several new maps on the iso, which had also come up with the latest updates.

I guess we will have to pay officially for the wads, which could easily be stored on a SD Card. And of course we will be able to download these wads just as illegal and free as all the other shop channel files
wink.gif

r4ipocketuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't buy it from the shop cos i don't have a credit card and my parents won't let me use theirs and where i live i can't buy wii points card cos they are unavailable here, and today's 1st March, anywhere i can get the wads for it?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
xzxero said:
i highly doubt there will be DLC for the wii.

nowhere to store it.

Read the instruction manual that came with the game.

It says at the back of the booklet, for DLC you will need an SD card.
lol i wouldn't know about that.
sounds promising.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Game Mags/Sites all say that the Wii will get DLC, just after a long wait. In the same fashion as the previous levels, these will be "Wii'd Down" for the Wii and there might be more omissions for the more complex additions. I want my Zombie Arcade darn it
tongue.gif
I hope the method used to access the DLC from the SD doesn't multiply game load times by a huge factor. Nintendo really should of put more than 256MB of internal NAND for user/game storage (256MB of the 512MB NAND is reserved for system file use, so doesn't count).

-[]D

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
xzxero said:
ConJ said:
xzxero said:
i highly doubt there will be DLC for the wii.

nowhere to store it.

Read the instruction manual that came with the game.

It says at the back of the booklet, for DLC you will need an SD card.
lol i wouldn't know about that.
sounds promising.

LOL. Me neither usually, but I actually own the retail of this game

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
Only a small portion is "reserved", not 256MB.
I'm not too sure with that assessment. Working things out roughly, A new Wii out of the box has approximately 2200* free blocks. 2200 blocks X 128** KB/block = 281,600KB = 275MB. So, yes this is above 256MB, but only by 19MB
tongue.gif
Assuming this to be true, I have to say even 275MB of storage space is not a lot to play with. Too bad SNEEK isn't an officially supported workaround
biggrin.gif

From all that I've gathered and from roughly counting what I can, I always figure less than 2000 blocks of "user space" in my Wii, hence my ~256MB assumption. I have not seen any explicit data on what the exact system/user reserves are, so I can still be wrong.

*Highest common figure found via Google search.
**According to WiiBrew Harware/NAND entry.

EDIT: LOL, just realized who I was arguing against. I must be counting wrong as tueidj has more than established his understanding of the inner workings of the Wii. Now I'm just plain confused
wacko.gif

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-