Hacking Is their ANY way to enable auto-rcm after it's been disabled?

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my SXOS firmware but this very annoyingly gets rid of auto-rcm and I can't get a jig to work. I do have a separate memory card with an older version of SXOS that still has autorcm and boots my switch.

Is their any way, program etc to get my new SXOS firmware/boot.bat to go into auto RCM?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a way back into RCM to be able to reinstall AutoRCM. A jig of some sort will be required. If your jig doesn't work, use one of these methods. I personally like the paperclip method.

Are you saying you updated SX OS and that removed AutoRCM, or are you saying you updated your Switch system version and that removed AutoRCM? The former won't remove AutoRCM. For the latter, you should always use ChoiDujourNX to update a dirty NAND (a NAND you use hacks on) to preserve AutoRCM and prevent being banned. A dirty NAND should never be connected to the internet.

Last edited by Lacius,

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updating sxos shouldn't remove arcm... Try holding down the volume up button when booting.
I updated it via the in Switch menu, it supports the latest firmware (which I have not updated my switch to)
I'm pretty sure it disables autorcm. I did this once before but I downloaded it from the site rather than updating via the menu. I can hear the "buzzing" when I hold power/power up and the dongle light goes on but the SXOS logo does not show up.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated it via the in Switch menu, it supports the latest firmware (which I have not updated my switch to)
I'm pretty sure it disables autorcm. I did this once before but I downloaded it from the site rather than updating via the menu. I can hear the "buzzing" when I hold power/power up and the dongle light goes on but the SXOS logo does not show up.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sounds like you update via Nintendo server in which it revert you back to non autoRCM and burned your fuse.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to find a way back into RCM to be able to reinstall AutoRCM. A jig of some sort will be required. If your jig doesn't work, use one of these methods. I personally like the paperclip method.

Are you saying you updated SX OS and that removed AutoRCM, or are you saying you updated your Switch system version and that removed AutoRCM? The former won't remove AutoRCM. For the latter, you should always use ChoiDujourNX to update a dirty NAND (a NAND you use hacks on) to preserve AutoRCM and prevent being banned.

I updated SXOS and that removed auto RCM. I did not update my system firmware to a version that is not supported by my previous SXOS version.

There is a chance I accidentally updated my memory card that didn't have support for next to latest firmware as I know one for sure did. Are you saying if I update my SXOS on my other card that it will NOT remove my AutoRCM? Again I have not updated my switch firmware yet.

If I update my switch firmware after(to play fire emblem) will It remove my autorcm?

Last edited by Ygolonac,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated SXOS and that removed auto RCM. I did not update my system firmware to a version that is not supported.

There is a chance I accidentally updated my memory card that didn't have support for next to latest firmware as I know one for sure did. Are you saying if I update my SXOS on my other card that it will NOT remove my AutoRCM? Again I have not updated my switch firmware yet.

If I update my switch firmware after(to play fire emblem) will It remove my autorcm?

updating sxos to latest, i think its v2.8, will not remove autorcm. If you update switch through system settings, autorcm will be removed, You want to update system firmware thru choidujournx and make sure autorcm box is checked

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated SXOS and that removed auto RCM. I did not update my system firmware to a version that is not supported.

Updating your system to any version, regardless of whether or not it's supported, will remove AutoRCM.

If you didn't manually remove AutoRCM, and you didn't update your system version, then AutoRCM is still installed on the Switch. If AutoRCM works on one SD card but not the other, AutoRCM is still installed on the Switch, and AutoRCM is not your issue.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't really make sense.
That being said, a solution would be to simply grab their latest update off their site and replace the file that's on the sd card that boots for you. Perhaps the non booting sd card is corrupt.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
updating sxos to latest, i think its v2.8, will not remove autorcm. If you update switch through system settings, autorcm will be removed, You want to update system firmware thru choidujournx and make sure autorcm box is checked

My bad, Must have used the wrong Micro SD lol. Updated the other one and it boots normally. I will update system firmware with choidujornx. This works with SXOS right?

I only updated my SXOS once after I lost the jig with tinfoil (this time I updated firmware first) and only did once memory card as their weren't many games that I needed to play with the newer firmware. I've been waiting over a month for my new jig to get here. I must have mixed up the memcards and assumed updating SXOS got rid of auto RCM and not the firmware update.

Last edited by Ygolonac,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, Must have used the wrong Micro SD lol. Updated the other one and it boots normally. I will update system firmware with choidujornx. This works with SXOS right?
Yes. Make sure you keep the AutoRCM option on if you don't want to have it uninstalled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=iEFwQrZgTr004u5g