Hardware Is the Wii U Fan Silent?

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't hear it at all. Playing games from HDD will depend on the USB HDD you buy.

The only thing that makes any noise on the console itself is the disc drive unless I'm missing something being drowned out by my PC.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was pretty shocked by how loud the disc drive is though. It's not a constant noise like the 360 is, but it makes some Dreamcast-esque grindy noises.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I was pretty shocked by how loud the disc drive is though. It's not a constant noise like the 360 is, but it makes some Dreamcast-esque grindy noises.
Oh man, that bad? Is it making them at the same sort of intervals, like when it's moving the lens assembly? The DC's lens movement was definitely gear working you would notice.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh man, that bad? Is it making them at the same sort of intervals, like when it's moving the lens assembly? The DC's lens movement was definitely gear working you would notice.

It's not as loud, thankfully. Just a similar noise. Can hear it in the next room between fights of Tekken when I'm playing on the pad though!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't hear the fan, but the disc is loud. it's always spinning (it might depends on the games maybe), and what's driving me crazy is the vibration it does on my desk. it's making a low Hz sound.
I put some fabric bellow the console to limit the vibration propagation, it's a little better, but I might put it on the ground instead of the desk. I tried with and without the stands, it does the same.
without the disc in the drive, no more vibration. I guess I'll buy games from eshop :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: