Hacking Is The Supercard DSTwo Any Good?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
All of your examples have been discussed here
Yet you continued to ignore them and state there's only two homebrew.
Blatently ignoring facts in order to continue to downspeak something? That's trollish behavior.

If this would be true, I'd immediately shut up, because that's my main problem about the card. Wasting battery life for nothing. But according to the test thread it sucks 18% batterylife while playing NDS games. I don't know what's true.
Where are you getting that from?

After my experience with the GBA emu, all I wanted to do was basically telling this user the same thing you told me right in this quote...
If all you told him was that the GBA emu is not perfect and he should look elsewhere, this discussion would not be happening.

This discussiong is happening because you're slinging patent bullshit. You are posting untrue things.

and then the fanboy shitstorm startet... ;)
No, then you started trolling.

You think we're stupid? We've presented plenty of information to logically disprove many of the claims you've made, yet you continue to push them simply to bash the cart. That's pretty damn childish behavior.

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cause to be serious if you don't like Supercard so much then why didn't you buy an Acekard or something instead of complaining? it costs less and it can do the basic stuff that all flashcards do and from all your posts that was what you wanted.
If you take a look at the first post of this thread, you'll read a user's question who's thinking about buying a DSTWO because he's interested in the GBA emu. That was exaclty my intention for buying the card when I bought it last week. After my experience with the GBA emu, all I wanted to do was basically telling this user the same thing you told me right in this quote... and then the fanboy shitstorm startet... ;)
Well Rydian summed up what I was gonna say. No one is saying the Supercard's GBA emulator is the best one out there but for the DSi and onwards its the best it can get unless you want to carry your laptop or PSP with you to play GBA games then fine that can be said is better.

The only thing you been doing is trolling and bashing the card when you haven't even provided an ACTUAL better alternative to it for the other cards, I like you to find a better working GBA emulator for another flashcard then come back and tell us to check if it really is better.

Reactions: 2 people

rookie on the sc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is all fine and dandy but nobody seem to be addressing the issue that the dstwo seems to only work for a limited time. I believe there is a serious manufacturing flaw in regards to 3ds compatibility! my cart ran great with all types of emulators but after about 3 months all i ever get when i pop in the game is ERROR!!!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
this is all fine and dandy but nobody seem to be addressing the issue that the dstwo seems to only work for a limited time. I believe there is a serious manufacturing flaw in regards to 3ds compatibility! my cart ran great with all types of emulators but after about 3 months all i ever get when i pop in the game is ERROR!!!
What's the error? If it's a 3DS error telling you to restart your system... that's your fault for updating, and this is NOT unique to the DSTwo, this happens to flash carts in general. The flash cart still works fine, but you updated your 3DS and now your 3DS recognizes that the DSTwo is a flash cart and refuses to run it.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/315784-flash-carts-and-dsi3ds-updates/

Reactions: 1 person

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What's the error? If it's a 3DS error telling you to restart your system... that's your fault for updating, and this is NOT unique to the DSTwo, this happens to flash carts in general. The flash cart still works fine, but you updated your 3DS and now your 3DS recognizes that the DSTwo is a flash cart and refuses to run it.

http://gbatemp.net/t...dsi3ds-updates/
What he said. The only real issue the DSTwo seems to have is a simple contact issue, but it seems to be a lot less common than with the AK2i. I've only had my DSTwo not be recognized by the 3DS once or twice, and it's never frozen mid-game.

However, if you have the error Rydian mentioned there is a way to update your DSTWO without needing to boot it or use a DS Lite. Here: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8832-1-1.html

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand the attitude towards Roman_42 much or at all... why you calling him a troll?

This topic asks a question, Roman_42 joins the discussion and explains why he is disappointed with the DSTwo/answers the topic question...

I didn't get the troll thing though. Nevermind.

I must admit though, I have a feeling Roman_42 has a point too. I don't personally believe the hyped extra hardware is worth the extra cost.

If you want DS games on DSi/3DS I would advise you get proper r4ids.cn r4igold and get something quality.
F*** the whole ak2i thing btw, or at least I am not one to ask about those cause if it was possible to "hate" a cart then ak2/ak2i are my most hated. akaio is alright, but the hardware sucks like a clone. My original r4 was better built. Cheap poor quality, unreliable junk.

Edited to answer the topic q and cause u already have ak2i. :)

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that his supposed disappointment is disproven and not based on fact.
The dstwo is the best card out there to date. Yes, it sucks battery for some odd reason when its in the 3ds (even in sleep mode), but i didn't have a problem with battery life on dsl or XL.
It has the best gba emulator for the DS as of yet. (yes, it's a little buggy, but it works acceptably.)
The Support for real-time cheat creation and save states is a great addition.
It overall has the best support for roms and bypassing firmware updates.
The best card that is still supported by the original development team.
Yes, it has its faults buy anyone saying they're not satisfied with it has their head in the clouds.
If you want better battery but less emulation ability, go with acekard2i.
It's also a great card.
Had my scds2 for over 2 years and it still runs great.
Anyone outright bashing the dstwo (or acekard for that matter) could be considered trolling as there's NO WAY it should be considered a bad card.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll only say that I understood everything up to "bashing the dstwo or acekard for that matter should be considered trolling" bit... bs.

Its not a bashing, but my opinion on ak2 or ak2i isn't good as I mentioned previously. Not liking something the majority do like isn't bashing or trolling though. Surely. Disagreements in opinion thats all but its a forum and whateva a question gets asked.

I didn't think the kid was trolling, it got personal and defensive. What I said anyway. Safe.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll only say that I understood everything up to "bashing the dstwo or acekard for that matter should be considered trolling" bit... bs.

Its not a bashing, but my opinion on ak2 or ak2i isn't good as I mentioned previously. Not liking something the majority do like isn't bashing or trolling though. Surely. Disagreements in opinion thats all but its a forum and whateva a question gets asked.

I didn't think the kid was trolling, it got personal and defensive. What I said anyway. Safe.

Fact is, DSTWO has the most features and highest compatibility and quickest update times over any other card on the market.

That's why it's the best.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the attitude towards Roman_42 much or at all... why you calling him a troll?

This topic asks a question, Roman_42 joins the discussion and explains why he is disappointed with the DSTwo/answers the topic question...
The main problem is he was lying. As I pointed out multiple times (and even linked to and did tests to confirm), he was making things up in order to have a reason to bash the DSTwo.

I must admit though, I have a feeling Roman_42 has a point too. I don't personally believe the hyped extra hardware is worth the extra cost.
As I already said, if you have actual reasons to not get the DSTwo, that's fine. The problem is he was making things up.

The DSTwo is still less than the cost of a single new first-party DS game (for example HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Black/White 2 are all a few bucks more at walmart right now), and seeing as the majority of people are going to pirate using it anyways, I don't know why people are so cheap. If we were back in the day of $100 flash carts then going for one $20 cheaper would be understandable, but the thing's less than the cost of a new game and you get the "clean mode" to run new releases (which historically has run games like the pokemon releases and such well before other carts updated), which alone is worth the price to some people as other carts can take weeks to update.

Of course, if you don't care about that and you're okay with waiting for a Wood or AKAIO update, that's fine. I've got an AK2i (my first cart) and R4i Gold (hell, I wrote the official review for it here) and they work just fine.

However when somebody starts making up bullshit, they WILL get called on it.

Reactions: 2 people

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
DS screen resolution isn't enough for NES and SNES games (though it is incredibly novel that it will run them), and the GBA emulator has serious faults with many of the most popular and best selling GBA games (but again, it's incredibly novel that it will run them and display them in native resolution on DS screen).

I'd only recommend it to someone without a slot 2 device, so DSi owners or 3DS owners (though the scaling for DS games on the 3DS is disgusting, and native resolution is too small). DS compatibility is great and there has never been a time when I had to wait for the Supercard team to update after a console update.

If Supercard let their GBA emulator become open source, then it would probably be one of the best emulators around. But it's not, it has only ever had two updates.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS screen resolution isn't enough for NES and SNES games (though it is incredibly novel that it will run them), and the GBA emulator has serious faults with many of the most popular and best selling GBA games (but again, it's incredibly novel that it will run them and display them in native resolution on DS screen).

I'd only recommend it to someone without a slot 2 device, so DSi owners or 3DS owners (though the scaling for DS games on the 3DS is disgusting, and native resolution is too small). DS compatibility is great and there has never been a time when I had to wait for the Supercard team to update after a console update.

If Supercard let their GBA emulator become open source, then it would probably be one of the best emulators around. But it's not, it has only ever had two updates.
The GBA emulator doesn't have faults with most popular games, are you using NDSGBA v1.21 with game_config.txt? That should make most all of them compatible.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try adding game_config again, I'll delete the current one first. I have also tried out Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, it also has issues with how large dialogue text is presented. I haven't actually found a game yet that could be mistaken for the real thing.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I have upgraded game_config.txt to version 1.3, and I remain on 1.21. Although in Advance wars the rushing text glitch remains, so does the missing dialogue at the start of each mission. The other problems are also unchanged.

Is game_config.txt 1.3 the latest version?

ThinksAmoral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had the Supercard DSTwo since November, and only twice has it ever froze mid-game. One of those times I dropped the 3DS. :S

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm still kinda new to this, but i bought an Acekard 2 a couple years ago and i was wondering if i should upgrade to the Acekard 2i? Or should i just get the supercard DStwo? i only have a NDS Slim and 3DS.

also, i don't care about GBA emulation. So i would only want supercard two if it was better at playing NDS roms than the acekard is, specifically when it comes to AP things nintendo likes to put in their games.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i'm still kinda new to this, but i bought an Acekard 2 a couple years ago and i was wondering if i should upgrade to the Acekard 2i? Or should i just get the supercard DStwo? i only have a NDS Slim and 3DS.
If you had to choose, I would say upgrade to the Supercard DStwo.

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, i see. thank you so much Catboy. do you know a safe website i can purchase it from or can we not link that here? i hope if i order it today i can get it by the end of the week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1