• Total voters

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft failure rate? Ok they're not making much money off it but I'm sure its raking it in on the Live stuff.

I don't see PS3 selling as well as PS1 or PS2, might match the original Xbox sales perhaps.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping so, just so Konami will be forced to release MGS4 on 360 or Wii. I will not buy a PS3 to play MGS4. I will, however, buy a 360.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this years E3 is anything to go by the probably not, so far they have mustered the best show (admittedly I have not sat through them all in full yet).
Still no chance of me buying one though (a new graphics card, motorbike or RAID versus a PS3, associated junk and a game or two is no contest).

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Try not to be all fanboyish and annoying.

But seriously do you think it's doomed? Considering MS's massive failure rate on consoles.

Do you mean Sony's massive failure...?
Maybe I didn't get it.
I'll say no, anyway.

no the rings of fire or death or whatever
and then admitting they used cheap parts for their consoles but now will fix them.

you shouldn't have to worry if your console will fuck up and die over casual gameplay like alot of 360 users.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was impressed with Sony's conference at E3 today, they showed off lots of good stuff and i'm a sucker for pretty shiny games with lots of big guns and explosions, which there was alot of. give the PS3 1-2 years and i think it'll do alright. it's main problem is the price. goddamn £400 is alot of fucking money. also the new features of Home are pretty cool novelities but thats all they are, it needs something much more solid than real-time photo downloading.

oh, and Metal Gear Solid 4 looks EPIC.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
also Naughty Dog + Suckerpunch = epic. Ratchet & Clank, too.

was anyone else hyped for a brand new proper fucking Crash Bandicoot when they mentioned Naughty Dog? i sure as hell was.

by the way anyone notice that there was a handful of Tomb Raider/PoP clones? lots of jungles of lots of year 2100 shooters and cities.. not much variation but damn i bet they play well.

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well I would say Sony killed his baby when they decided not to make it a gaming support, but a multimedia support;
hence setting its price far too high for gamers,
hence not selling much babies. (ugh.. that sounds just plain wrong
wacko.gif
)

Who would devellop a game on PS3 knowing that if they do it on another platform they will sell it much better?
Simple maths huh?

Well, hopefully for Sony, in a year or so with the price drop, the sales should take off and devellpers will come back to it.
But since then, monster baby PS3 is in for a lonely long walk through the desert...

Heh what do I know, just my 2cents!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No. Console that has mgs4 and ffxiii exclusively can't be doomed. And ps3 selling pretty good anyway.

QUOTE(T!b0) said:
Who would devellop a game on PS3 knowing that if they do it on another platform they will sell it much better?
Simple maths huh?

If you make tons of sucky games on lower priced consoles it doesn't mean that they sell. And you will endup paying same price for 360 because of the online gaming fees (maybe hd-dvd drive also?).

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i don't think the ps3 is doomed. I'm no expert or anything but the way i see it, they will lose some money with it maybe... then again, we don't know what to expect in the long run, i mean DSs are still selling like crazy and it's been released so long ago (starting the timeline from phat).

Sony announced a price drop so, even if still expensive, will be set to a more reasonnable pricelet's bet something around the 500$, wich is nothing, i remember buying a saturn at that price when i was young, and things were cheaper back then.

Also never underestimate sony,they always seem to come up with the killer app that everyone wants or makes the console special, like the MGS series of course, the FF (even if they seem to be going back to their old friend nintendo more and more lately) series, and games like Shadow of the Colossus.

cressless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 has a lot of potential, the hardware on the system is far better than 360 (I've had to send mine back twice already for two different problems and its not even 6 months old).

On the other hand, the PS3 has no good exclusive games on it right now. I think they could balance out if they play their cards right. Lowering the system price is a good step in the right direction at least. Four or five goodexlusive releases and there are enough cross-platforms for people to make the purchase.

Nintendo made a comeback after two not-so-great systems; sony can do it as well
smile.gif

I guess we'll see; the more competition the better!

~Cress~

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm yeas and no it's just everyone doesn't share your enthusiasm, and all sony has is endless sequels that everybody is tired of now. Why do you suppose they are making a modified ps2 that is going to try to work like the wii? They finally realize that Nintendo is doing that right thing to attract customers that's why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety