Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Console that has mgs4 and ffxiii exclusively can't be doomed. And ps3 selling pretty good anyway.

QUOTE(T!b0) said:
Who would devellop a game on PS3 knowing that if they do it on another platform they will sell it much better?
Simple maths huh?

If you make tons of sucky games on lower priced consoles it doesn't mean that they sell. And you will endup paying same price for 360 because of the online gaming fees (maybe hd-dvd drive also?).
But... all PS3 games are on BluRay disks, which are pretty expensive.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this was the first E3 on which Sony's press conference impressed me the most...
the PS3's exclusive games are just breathtaking, especially MGS4 and Killzone 2...and I believe the PS3 will eventually outsell the XBox360 in 2008 or 2009, when it's available for a reasonable price

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still personally happy that I chose the 360 early in it's running. There was only 1 PS3 title I really wanted and that was WipeOut HD... but Killzone 2 and MGS4 did look impressive, but not ones that would make me buy a PS3. I'll stick with my 360.

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
while(1) {
if (sony != doomed) {
  PS3=doomed;
  }
else {
  sony = PS3/0;
}
}

select w.games, p.games, x.games
from wii w, ps3 p, xbox360 x
where price > '49.99'and rating > '8.5' and description = 'w00t'
group by rating

'MAKE' error: ps3 undeclared

You mean build error.
Try this;

CODE
#define NDS

#ifdef NDS
 Â#include
#endif
#include
#include

#define SONY_IS_FUCKED (1
#define THEN ){
#define FUCK_OFF }
#define IF while
#define COMPLAIN complain();
#define MY_DICK_IN_INCHES 4
#define justplaingofuckingkillyourself {
#define fuckyou retarded=0;}
#define your_a_retard (retarded)

char retarded = 1;
char *ps3;
void complain()
{
 Âif your_a_retard justplaingofuckingkillyourself
  ps3 = (char*)malloc(MY_DICK_IN_INCHES);

ps3[0] = 40*2-4+MY_DICK_IN_INCHES-retarded;
  ps3[1] = ps3[0]+++TRUE+-'+'+'.';
  ps3[2] = MY_DICK_IN_INCHES*2+','-TRUE;
  ps3[4] = ps3[1]-ps3[0]+(MY_DICK_IN_INCHES*2-11);
  fuckyou
  printf("%s si d%d%dmad!",ps3,ps3[4],ps3[4]);
Â
#ifdef NDS
 ÂswiWaitForVBlank();
 ÂconsoleClear();
#endif
}

int main()
{
#ifdef NDS
 ÂirqInit();
 ÂirqEnable(IRQ_VBLANK);
 ÂconsoleDemoInit();
#endif

ÂIF SONY_IS_FUCKED THEN
    COMPLAIN
 ÂFUCK_OFF

ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I actually believe that the PS3 is about to sell like crazy. I'm thinking about buying one, since I've heard that it's open source, and you can run Linux on it, but most of all the prices might go down. I'm not sure how sturdy it is though, I hope nothing similar to the horrible 1-4 PS2 Disk Read Error bullshit doesn't arise. (Not to mention my old PS2 broke and I have about four games I haven't even played yet).

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 is not doomed. It is in fact, much more ready to deal with future technology than the Wii or 360. I'm not a Sony fanboy, in fact I own no Sony systems, but you'd have to be crazy not to realize that three years from now, Sony will be putting out things still pushing the boundaries of the hardware, while the Wii and 360 will have already been pushed as far as they can go.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be more future proof (at the moment) but that still doesn't mean its gonna be massive. Next year will be make or break for it. If it can hold its own, even in 3rd place then it'll go far, if the Wii or 360 are way ahead then developer support will go down.

We've all seen consoles, handhelds and computers with more power not do so well.

This is the first time where a console can be 3rd place and still be a big success.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted yes as there wasn't a 3rd option.

My yes is based on the fact they priced themselves right out of the average consumer and anyone on a budget unless they're patient enough to wait 6-12mo scrounging up a few bucks fighting temptation. I mean yay, (not really) they did a so-called price drop...but it's fake with the new unit with the 80GB or so drive for a 'cheap' $600 with that failure of a title motorsport (failure due to issues with it) as either is still too high. Yes it does have a BR player, but unless you're in the market for one of those too and feel confident enough IT will win that format war there's not a whole lot of good reasons to want it short of deep pockets type who consider it chump change (to me and many it's a rent check at $600.)

While the unit does have a few exclusives like MGS4 which they paid a shit ton of cash to make it that way seeing it's the last MGS to be made by Kojima for good that'll be a draw. Yes it has the FF numbered series and a few others on that list of 11 that may or may not be worth it. But really when your competition is selling you through at multiple factor to 1 ratio (both 360 and especially Wii which you can buy 2 for the price of 1 PS3) they're not going to gain much ground. Huge stuff they had, plenty of it they lost that means a lot to a lot of people such as GTA, Dragon Quest, and many more which are exclusive elsewhere or will pop out first on the 360.

To me that's why it's a YES, because to and for Sony to not be so-called 'doomed' they'd need to take #1 again to help offset their multi-hundred dollar losses per unit moved and that just isn't going to happen.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I voted yes, as so far it is doomed. Sony have to get their acts together. At E3 they should the screens from a distance away and you couldn't see the action. They showed too many FMV sequences instead of actual gameplay (That trick doesn't work anymore). $100 more for 80gb compared to 60gb. Not much of a price drop. Sony could do with reducing it by another $150 and letting you add your own harddrive. After all you can add any 2.5" harddrive to it.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think people are forgetting that doomed basically means indefinetly. You can't be 'kind of' doomed or 'sort of' doomed. Doomed is pretty much the same as destiny or death. Are all of you who think the PS3 is doomed really saying that you think this console will be a complete and utter failure?

BTW I'm not saying that you're wrong for thinking so, I'm just curious to see how many people think this console will completely bomb.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I spoke my reasoning already, but to make it easy.

For NOW it is doomed, and may stay that way, but since there wasn't a 3rd choice such as: 'if they make it a reasonable price and competitive and get a LOT of good games' then I'd have clicked that.

I feel when the price matches the 360 and they offer some sound titles, and plenty of them that aren't just 'advanced' but actually just are unique to the system, they'll have a chance.

As it stands now, they're screwed, even that fake price drop is more of an insult than anything.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definitely not. I love my 360 and I think its a much better platform at the moment, but I can see myself buying a PS3 in a couple of years.

Once Halo 3 is out of the way a lot of people are going to jump ship too

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 Ruled the E3!

ummm nintendo is #1
huh.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In North America, 360 sold 2 million units in first 8 months, PS3 sold 1.5 million units in first 8 months. If PS3 is doomed because of low sales, then so is 360 because Wii sold like 7 million in first 8 months.

PS3 is sold more than what people think, just because 360's been around for forever it always owns the charts. But weekly sales? PS2 sold more than 360 last week in North America, and I think that's one of the reasons PS3 looks like it's doing shit.

Who would want expensive PS3, when there are amazing games coming out for PS2 and PSP? Well of course someone like me, who owns a PSP already and wants to play PS2 games upconverted by using 20(obsolete now right?)/60GB model which includes Emotion Engine.

And for ZeWarrior, it doesn't take a fanboy to think PS3 is doomed. I'm neither Sony fanboy or Nintendo fanboy, and I don't hate 360 or Microsoft (well, as far as non-gaming product goes I hate M$. VISTA is a song in OTO2, not an operating system.) But I hate people who hate other consoles, keep the negative comments inside. How often do you walk around streets saying negative (and doesn't matter wether other people agree or it's only your imagination) comments about other people? Do they say things like "Hey girl, your face is pollution stay home" "Dude you're sweating lard" "Super Spastic"

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
I played my PS3 for about 2 hours last night and didn't have any issues with it. It didn't freeze and I tested it's limit throughout that time. Their network isn't bad but the graphics on some icons suck but that's not a big issue.
One thing is you can add money to your 'wallet' on your account on the fly unlike the wii were you have to buy in store points - i dropped like 30 bucks and didn't blink twice about it :\

PS3 Ruled the E3!

That's another thing, I read some stories online and downloaded some e3 trailers from PSN but haven't watched them yet.

But... all PS3 games are on BluRay disks, which are pretty expensive.
You do know that Xbox 360 and PS3 games are the same price ... right?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everybody who voted No is a fanboy of Sony
Even the sony boys(Sony staff) played the wii at E3, i had some picture of it!
Damn its just monkey idea
This is sony;
-Lets put all shitty not needed stuff in it so it looks like we got a better piece of hardware
-Lets drop the price that we need to pay $100 voor each Ps3 we dont need it anyway

Nintendo;
-Lets make an fun console

http://nexgenwars.com/
1# 51.1% Wii
2# 29.2% 360
3# 19.7% PS3
Lots more people own an wii then an Ps3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here