• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
all this "P$3 suX0rz, Wii FTW! lolzzzzzz" crap is really really old and tired....

I am a hardcore gamer.

I have a Wii (2 actually
ph34r.gif
) and a 360....

...the only reason I have no PS3.....?
The price.

When its

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How often do you walk around streets saying negative (and doesn't matter whether other people agree or it's only your imagination) comments about other people? Do they say things like "Hey girl, your face is pollution stay home" "Dude you're sweating lard" "Super Spastic"

Surprisingly often actually (pretty much every time I go anywhere with a lot of people which actually is only every few days now), the only problem is my hearing is shot meaning everyone in about 10 meters hears me.

Still I already went, having now seen most of what each presentation had to offer Sony took it. However if there was three piles of crap on the floor the one that had a daisy on top would be the best and this pretty much sums my feelings on E3 up so far. The action riddled "RPG" in Sony's presentation was probably the only thing the piqued my interest.

Edit: I have tried on more than one occasion to get into metal gear solid titles, failed every time.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You do know that Xbox 360 and PS3 games are the same price ... right?

Which equals less profit to the company shipping games on more-expensive-to-produce media.

its still profit and it doesn't effect the end user.... so what's your complain again?
wacko.gif

I'm not complaining, I was just explaining why the guy who mentioned it counted it as an additional problem for the PS3. If they're not selling as many games and the games are also costing them more to make, that has an effect on the question of doomed/undoomed.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread needs to be closed seriously. Sony is not doomed obviously. They still have one trick left up their sleeve with MGS4. And I'm a Nintendo fanboy at heart and I voted no. But if MGS4 does head to the 360 then I would have to say the PS3 days would be numbered. There are no other games left that people are interested in, seriously.

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
you think everything needs to be closed.
i made this thread for a reason and that reason was to get people's opinions on the ps3 and if they feel it is doomed.
i thought people could be unfanboyish for a second and give a serious thought into this.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i made this thread for a reason and that reason was to get people's opinions on the ps3 and if they feel it is doomed.
i thought people could be unfanboyish for a second and give a serious thought into this.

Did you really? This post makes me LOL. It'd be nice to think that people wouldn't be total fanboys, but I knew the fanboys would be out in full force.

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah maybe it was stupid for me to think people could be unbiased.
its not like i posted this on a playstation or xbox forum site. not giving the nintendo option, i thought it would be worth a shot.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MGS:PO kept the PSP alive for a short time but I don't think the correlation is the same here when talking about MGS4 and the PS3.

The PS3 is still a baby, it hasn't even been out for a full year yet, there's no way it can be doomed.

There'll be a breakout title that'll lure gamers in somewhere down the line, it's just a matter of time. What the PS3 needs is a dynamic online multiplayer title that can help propel it's sales much like SOCOM did many years ago, IMO.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You've been here nearly as long as I have so u should know lol. Flamewars erupt EASILY here. All you gotta do is mention Sony and something bad in the same sentence
laugh.gif

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS3 isn't doomed, I don't even own a working PS2 anymore. Call me a fanboy (I loved my Gamecube more than anything) and I will kick you in the sunken hole where your nuts used to dangle, lol. It's just a video game console, if it succeeds then I will be happy, if it doesn't then I will be happy too. I don't wake up and say, "Today I will kill myself if that dammed PS3 doesn't outsell the Xbox360." Competition is good, we need competition, competition is your friend.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thing is between the PS2 and PS3 generations Sony made a lot of bad public statements, doubled the initial asking price of their system, tried pitching it as an all in 1 media box, and got ballsy enough to tell people to STFU that they were being nice to people saying they priced it too cheap.

That pissed off a TON of both long standing Sony hardware owners (like myself) and fueled the fires of people who have been strongly allied in their buying power to one of the other guys. Honestly Sony basically asked for and well deserved the abuses they've have shoveled at them since pre-launch with their very arrogant, bizarre, and generally very bad behavior.

Now they've stepped up and are trying to act like the caring company by knocking down the price of the 60GB unit by $100, killed the smaller one in some part awhile ago, and then reinstated the $600 tag on a unit with just 20 more GB of HDD space still falling 40GB short and with a $20 higher tag of the direct competition (360.)

They're not really opening themselves up to gaining much love from the market on the whole. This drop per-say, of the 60GB unit has just opened the door to a few Sony huge fans who couldn't pony up the $600 as easily as the $500 so they'll see a boost in sales for the time being. Once those guys get their stuff, just like the Christmas shopping season boom, it will taper off and stagnate again as it's just too much damn money.

They seriously need a fair price and some solid unique titles to start doing some serious catch up. MS has some good showings for them, Wii has a few too in its short lifespan + that price is just hard to ignore at $250 and games being $30-50 vs $50/60 on the other two.

Again that's why I picked YES, they're 'doomed' for now, not as a company, not as a brandname, just in the sales wars between the three until they get their heads out of their asses.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't seriously think the PS3 is Doomed?

because of the graphics it will probably have a longer lifespawn... so when Sony gets to the point when they sell it for like $300 I acctually think i might popular. But that will much likely take a few years.

So I think the PS3 will... Start selling when the price drops and then it might be a bit too late for competition

cressless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS3 isn't doomed, I don't even own a working PS2 anymore. Call me a fanboy (I loved my Gamecube more than anything) and I will kick you in the sunken hole where your nuts used to dangle, lol. It's just a video game console, if it succeeds then I will be happy, if it doesn't then I will be happy too. I don't wake up and say, "Today I will kill myself if that dammed PS3 doesn't outsell the Xbox360." Competition is good, we need competition, competition is your friend.

Ya damn skippy! The more competition the better for the gamers!

~Cress~

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm begging that the wii is just a fad. i love my 360, and i just bought a 499 ps3. i'm trying to be platform agnostic, but the fact remains that the wii is a threat to gaming as we know it.

this is an interesing article about the nintendo's lowest-common-denominator tactics ( by cliffy b's brother, no less ) http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/arc...-overlords.aspx

L

lastdual

Sony's E3 showing is honestly looking very good right now, and with the price drop I'd say things are looking up (for PS3 owners, if not Sony share holders just yet).

I don't own a PS3, but some of the upcoming games have got me thinking that I might change that this winter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)