Hacking Is the m3izero being replaced by r4i?

Causton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was wondering, is the M3izero still coming out or has it been replaced by these 3 new flashcarts being manufactured by the m3 team? If they are bringing out the m3izero still, I must say they have made quite an accomplishment of 4 flashcarts!

All I have to say now is GO M3 TEAM (and hurry up with the Sakura updates!!!)

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think they're just taking over R4 because there's still many people who don't know it "died" (atleast now it isn't) so they're doing this to get all the popularity of the R4 and the M3 to become the one super MR34 Team (lol).

But nah, I think they're doing this for the same reason they made the M3 Simply before the M3 Real, they needed extra money to support a bigger and better cart becuase there's other clones and other top class carts still coming out while they're working on theirs.

All and all I'm actually kinda happy M3 took over R4 because now M3 is probably going to be at the top like the R4 originally was. But I think they should have just made one R4 flashcart instead of 3 lol.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Old R4 carts will probably be discontinued, aside from the M3 Real, I doubt that M3 will blatantly drop previous cards, but they will probably limit their support of older models to mandatory firmware modifications for game compatibility to get around security issues, otherwise the R4i RTS and M3i Zero will be the two biggest cards for firmware support. Although they will probably keep rolling with the M3 Real since that is their best selling current card for the DS Lite and I highly doubt they would force owners to upgrade to a DSi compatible cartridge just because they don't want to upgrade the firmware.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They are not going to replace the M3i zero for the R4i. They just re-launch their old forgotten cart. The R4 team was part of the M3 team till the M3 Real was released. They thought it would become better than the R4 (it basically is better) and everyone would buy the M3 instead. But since the R4 is still incredibly popular (by its many clones), they probably decided it would be a good idea to start a new R4 branch, for the money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...