Is the G6 real no more?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by T$unami, Feb 26, 2008.

Feb 26, 2008

Is the G6 real no more? by T$unami at 5:43 PM (1,806 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. T$unami
    OP

Newcomer T$unami Member

United States
    Ive an 8meg one for the eldest's DS but when I went to get another one I couldnt find one for love nor money so I got the cyclos instead (got worried over the M3 bricking thread).

I think the build quality is far better with the G6 and I liked the built in memory, is it no more? Becuase I'd realy like to get another, are they just going with the M3 or are they working in something new, maybe a hybrid like the Acekard?

2. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Trouble is not many people buy them because they're a bit expensive and people don't like the slow firmware and things

3. Thanubis

Banned Thanubis Banned

United States
  4. neveras

Member neveras GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I've got a g6 real, and mine must have a fake sticker or something because I have never experienced slow firmware.
    When I load pretty much anything it does so in a second or less.
    It's funny, because this seems like a common problem with these carts and yet I get none of the abovementioned problems.

5. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

I don't remember an actual confirmed reason that production for it stopped, but many people prefer other carts over it nowadays - I always thought that the internal memory was a plus point but it wasn't particularly cheap either.

6. Moots

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    I too would tike to get another G6 real 16. Mine has been flawless for almost a year, no speed issues, never had a single game compatibility issue either.

7. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    I think it's a matter of money. People want 20+ games at all times inside the card and don't care (or put up) about SD speed or slowdown.

8. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

I bought G6 Lite and then a G6 Real and I use the Lite as a Slot 2 Cart to play GBA games. I haven't had any problems with either. Sometimes you needed to write the roms in safe mode or some other mode or disabled soft reset to get some games to play but this was usually fixed in the next software release.

Anyways I haven't played DS or GBA in a little while since I got my PSP but are there any problems playing games with either the G6 Lite or the G6 Real with the current software?

I never experienced any slowdown or had slow loading issues actually. I think both are solid carts and they have awesome features. Both support cheat, saves, DS-GBA Link and the GBA even supports RTS, I think people complained because the DS real did not have 100% download play. I think it was like 95% or something like that. But I don't use download play so for me they still rock. They have all the features I need and I haven't found a game that doesn't load yet.

9. selamat.tingal

Newcomer selamat.tingal Member

United States
    I use the same combo and like it pretty much. One game I tried on my G6Lite that does not work is Mortal Kombat. I haven't tried it on the my G6 Real, but it works on my old G6 Flash3... kind of weird when you think about it.

10. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

Which Mortal Kombat? Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?

I played it so I know it works. I think I put it on the G6 Real though. I wasn't playing it straight of the G6 Lite.

11. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    I would not reccomend the G6 real to anyone, it has far too many bugs and errors, and before you know it, it's damaged beyond solution. They stopped producing it but replaced it with the M3 real, which has far less errors, I guess you could see the g6 real as a prototype for their final product (which I was totally not warned about before i purchased it). But now I am looking into other alternatives such as the R4.

12. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    i've had no problems with my my G6 Real, and i've had it since launch day. i've been very pleased with it. until it finally does break, i won't be replacing it with anything.

13. pieceofmind

Newcomer pieceofmind Member

United States
    Ones who had problem w/ G6 Real are the ones who most likely received a faulty product.
    I had no problem whatsoever w/ my G6 Real w/ loading, corruption and compatibility issue.
    However, it's sad to hear that they decided to stop with the production; probably because of other
    cheaper flashcart out there such as R4.