Hacking Is the G6 Lite easy for a beginnner?

gforce89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im probably going to buy it today but Ive never had a flash card before. Is it easy to use? I read the review but id like some more opinions.

The biggest thing thats bothering me is the save system. Do you just save normally or is there a certain way you have to do it?

Picolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's easy to use. You save just like in original games, both NDS and GBA.

You might wanna switch on the console afterwards and make the G6L really write the saves to the cart and not just store them in the ram, which is done automaticly when you come to the G6 interface.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6 is very easy to use for beginners. All you have to do is plug your G6 into a usb port, run the pc software, click write in the software and pick the rom you want to load onto the G6. My G6 ran like this out of the box and has had no problems. If you want to know how to update the G6's firmware there are discussions of that on these boards. It's not hard. The menus are pretty intuitive in the pc software. If you don't know what something is in the pc software my advice is to leave it where it is....they seem to have defaulted most choices to those that will not affect any games performace. Once you read the documentation you can tweek settings or reinstall roms to your liking.

I also have an EZ Flash II that runs great but I think the G6 is even easier to use (and much more functional for running DS roms),

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have read the sticky thread about chinese version of the G6, it is so easy that you don't even need to read the texts to know how to use the loader system.

The part on how to load the rom and stuff is simple as pie. In fact, you can read all about it in the G6 lite review right here at GBATemp.

Being the owner of one myself, I would advice the following procedures to avoid "user error" which leads to corruptions.

1) insert the G6 lite game pak into the u-disk burner BEFORE plugging it into your computer's USB port.

2) I cannot stress this enough: Use the "Safe Remove" on your computer to "Stop" the device and MAKE SURE THE BLUE LIGHT IS OFF on the U-disk burner. Then remove the G6 "package" (has G6 game pak pluged into the U-disk burner) from your computer. Then remove the G6 game pak from the U-disk burner.

That appears to be the HARDEST part of the instructions that people just can't follow.

spanky0508

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say its pretty easy too. Much easier than my old F2A linker. I ordered mine from kicktrading and it came in a tin with the extra covers and a cd installation program for the loader and pc software. There was no installation instruction, but its like working any other usb device. The software on the Cd was a few versions older than the 4.3, so I just d/l new version and installed from there. The hardest part was that the PCB was installed in the small black case and I have a white DSL. It took a few minutes for me to figure out how to snap the cover off without breaking the tabs.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myself having never had a flashcart before, I can safely say that the G6 lite is a great introduction into this mystical realm. I won't call it the end all be all, cause I haven't had the experience of anything else. However, it's adequate to the max.

Shiin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not easy for begenirs if you screw up in the safe removal steps and such. Because if you get to the point where you corrucp it, it might be hard as hell (as it was for me...) to get it to work correctly again

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are equating beginner with incapable, then yes it is hard. You have to remember everyone starts off as a beginner at someone, their approaches are what determine the ease of use. If someone wanted to learn it, then yes it's easy. If they expected everyone to just solve the problem for them instead of doing it themselves, then yes, it's hard.

logicwatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there
Ive just ordered a g6lite today for my sons blue nds he got for xmas
I think though I may need to order something else to get it to run roms
a passcard ????
I thought just getting the g6lite was all I needed its not clear that you require a card as well??
why on earth isnt this supplied as well?
thanks in advnce Iwould appreciate any advice or help.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While most people would tell you to use the search button, I will just tell you to do so in the future. Yes you need a passme device (passkey, passcard, magickey, whatever, too many different ones) but yes you should grab yourself a passcard 3....even if you decide to flash the ds you'll still need a passme device to get into ds mode in the first place.

logicwatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for a fast reply I will order it straight away.
It seems kind of odd that you dont get this supplied when you buy the g6 lite as it kind of defeats the object of its prime function dont you think?
thanks again for the reply.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for a fast reply I will order it straight away.
It seems kind of odd that you dont get this supplied when you buy the g6 lite as it kind of defeats the object of its prime function dont you think?
thanks again for the reply.
What can I say? Marketing goes out of the way to gain that extra dough. There are some bundles you can look at. Though, they are retailer packages and not directly from manufacturer "product package".

You will not be disappointed. I know I never looked back. Enjoy your purchase.
yaynds.gif

logicwatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so my g 6 lite and this passcard 3 is all I require to play my roms ?
no patching just download and run sounds too easy ?
thanks again guys for this advice.

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I never owned a flash cart of any kind, but as soon as I got my G6 it was incredibly easy to use. I really don't try to do anything further than what I need to, so it's great for me (a beginner).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay