Hacking Is the DSTWO from dscartshop compatible out of box?

inEden

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know the acekard 2.1 from dscartshop is compatible with the 3DS straight out of box as it says so on the website but I am not sure the DSTWO is. I ordered it and emailed the site asking but they just replied that it is compatible with the 3DS which wasn't really what I asked. Does anyone know whether the dstwo can be used with the 3ds straight out of the box?

Would be greatly appreciated as I never owned a ds, although I should have really. So many games I want to play on the ds are so rare now.

Also if it doesn't work with the 3DS out of the box can I flash it with a DS lite or do I need a DSi? I think i may be able to borrow a ds lite off a mate.

Thank you

Briadark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can flash it with a ds lite but I don't know if it's compaitable out of the box!!!

I have a 3ds but I don't have a flash-cart inside it for ds games I use my ds and I want too update my 3ds always.

inEden

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do too. I guess I could hold off not updating my 3DS for 6-8 months. There are only a few games that I need the flash-cart for anyways. I buy nearly all of my games except when it becomes hugely costly and inconvenient. It is a crappy excuse I know but I'm far from being morally perfect.

So I could always play the few games I need then update my 3ds later if the flashcarts aren't supported. I would be very shattered if Nintendo banned 3ds' from going online if they ever used a flashcart. I don't play online games except on my pc but I do love having my consoles connected to the internet and just browsing the stores, getting patches for games or dlc's.

inEden

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It shouldn't be too much trouble finding a dslite (I hope). Is the process difficult at all? To flash the card on a ds lite. Also are there any risks?

If only they flashed the DSTWO so it works straight out of the box like the Acekard 2.1 but the DSTWO is a better card options wise, so that may have been the why it wasn't.

From what I have read on the forums the DSTWO is able to emulate snes and gba games easily but can it also run other emulators like the genesis?

Thanks for the replies to my crass questions.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine from shoptemp and paid an extra buck to have it pre-flashed but that was pre-3ds so no clue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1