Is The Avengers game still alive?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happy with just a first-person Iron Man game. Hulk always seemed best in the 3rd-person open world format (just like all the other Hulk games). Thor and Captain America, I really don't know.

Hell, that might be why the game got scrapped. They did so much work on the characters being first-person, only to realize that only Iron Man felt natural in that setting.

D

Deleted-188346

cS6dQ.jpg

lol, nice! :lol:
Is this CG Don Cheadle? I mean, he was alreadly fugly, but man, he looks uglier as an action figure.
Haha, it's an action figure that was obviously pasted into the OPs image. Doesn't quite look like a real Don Cheadle.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happy with just a first-person Iron Man game. Hulk always seemed best in the 3rd-person open world format (just like all the other Hulk games). Thor and Captain America, I really don't know.

Hell, that might be why the game got scrapped. They did so much work on the characters being first-person, only to realize that only Iron Man felt natural in that setting.

Well the game, from the sound of it, was designed to sorta be like Borderlands with the Avengers and also with much more class differentiation. Like each "class" (or character) has access to significantly different attacks and moves here, unlike Borderlands where they had access to the same weapons, just with different expertise and moves.

The game looked boss though and for pre-alpha footage it was really damn good looking.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well whatever the fuck someone does with the next load of Marvel games they need to take a look at the likes of Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions & Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction and see what worked for those. I would have thought a Thor title could be big with a studio as good as Rocksteady who can spend time on making some king of fantasy epic.

Or just get a team who can just make a kick ass 2D side scrolling fighter.

I'd still love a WayForward Captain America game that is influenced by the likes of Strider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill