Gaming is Tank! Tank! Tank! worth it?

aur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried the eShop DL version, and it seems quite fun in multiplayer but the free to play modes are quite limited and it doesn't feel like I've seen enough of the game to make an informed decision (Story Mode, My Kong etc.)

Unfortunately I missed out on the 80% discount eShop sale so I can either start shelling out £ through the eShop to unlock mode by mode or get the full disc version with everything (currently £14.99 at Zavvi)

so my question to anyone out there that already has it - is it worth spending money on?

Do all modes add value, or do you find just one standout mode that you keep going back to?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC, the 80% discount was only for one of the content packs anyway, the rest were full price. The game seemed like fun, my kids thought the face I pulled for my picture was hilarious, anyway. I'd buy it for £14.99 if that includes all or most of the DLC.

aur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good point, I didn't think to check that all the DLC would be on the disc, I just assumed that because the retail version came before the Free To Play model it would include everything.

I don't see any way to download extra modes if you have the retail version - anyone know for sure?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Haven't got the game myself, but I saw a video review that kinda advised against it (linky).

However...this is from back when the game was new. I think most of us (including the devs) would agree it's not up to par with the more obvious nintendo and ubisoft lineup. But for a reduced price, it's not exactly fair to keep the same expectations. So...a lower quality in the game, but perhaps a better quality/buck?

aur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, reviews seemed to vary quite a lot in overall opinion; while no-one suggests it's outstanding many seem to indicate that at least some fun can be had.

agree - if it had released at a budget price point, I wonder how scathing the reviews would have been? full price game = full price expectations ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1