Hacking Is something wrong with my Wii or with my burner?

shonosuke

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last game I played was Punch out and it made me update my wii to 3.4E I have a wii with wiikey but now it does not read any other game I've recently burned beside Punch out. I already tried reformatting but now I lost my HBC, Can I get it back without twilight princes hack?

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can, just look up bannerbomb. and fyi for future reference all you have to do to find out is by using a little friend i like to call google
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Modchip users never learn...

As modchip user you need either to ALWAYS have the trucha bug in ALL your IOS, or ALL your backups need to be COMPLETELY UNPATCHED. Well that's for running all games from the disc channel, if you use a loader that does not reload the game's IOS, you only need to have 1 IOS with trucha bug. I will not answer why it's like this, do some research and/or trust me.

And for HBC, if you don't know about bannerbomb, that's a good hint that your infos are not up to date.

shonosuke

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Modchip users never learn...

As modchip user you need either to ALWAYS have the trucha bug in ALL your IOS, or ALL your backups need to be COMPLETELY UNPATCHED. Well that's for running all games from the disc channel, if you use a loader that does not reload the game's IOS, you only need to have 1 IOS with trucha bug. I will not answer why it's like this, do some research and/or trust me.

And for HBC, if you don't know about bannerbomb, that's a good hint that your infos are not up to date.

But the game doesn't recognize it at all. I just get an error. It doesn't even show the games icon
Punch-out plays fine which I find odd

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If all games are supposed to show up in the disc channel even if the trucha bug is missing in the system menu IOS, then you have to ask other modchip users about it. I thought missing trucha in system menu == game does not show up in the disc channel.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol, do research, seriously. You have no idea of the stuff you NEED to know when you use a modchip. Using modchips is the the easiest way to play backups(once you got it installed), but only if you ONLY use COMPLETELY UNPATCHED discs.

shonosuke

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Lol, do research, seriously. You have no idea of the stuff you NEED to know when you use a modchip. Using modchips is the the easiest way to play backups(once you got it installed), but only if you ONLY use COMPLETELY UNPATCHED discs.

I did but it's just so unclear. EIther the source is outdated or it has no real instructions. So what exactly would I need to play any game I want beside HBC and GeckoOS?

shonosuke

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
shonosuke said:
WiiPower said:

I did but it's just so unclear. EIther the source is outdated or it has no real instructions. So what exactly would I need to play any game I want beside HBC and GeckoOS?

Anyone?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shonosuke said:
Thanks, Looking into it now, Do I need a wifi connection? My wii wont connect to my router
No, but without an wifi connection you must put the required wad onto your sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: