Hacking Is ReiNand still up2Date?

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about overclocking or gba virtual console support, reinand has the best boot rate and boot speed in my experience when I still had menuhax. It is just my personal option that it is the best cfw for n3ds menuhax

Reactions: suparnemo

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why say Reinand is best on N3ds? That's where my confusion comes in.
I guess cause that's his opinion? He believes it's the best option for N3DS. I personally think that still goes to Luma3DS, and best power-user or dev-oriented CFW being Corbenik.

Latest stable version of ReiNAND is from May 17th and latest stable of Luma is May 27th. I wouldn't call that a lack of support.
Comparing the commit has no sense either because of the difference of features and team size.

So no, ReiNAND is not dead. It's a good alternative to Luma especially if you don't need all Luma's features.
Anyways, maybe the reason people are saying it's abandoned isn't because of the lack of updates or anything like that, but because of the last status update from Reisyukaku.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/members/reisyukaku.344848/
Phasing out of the public scene.

But hell if I know, the only 2 CFW that I consider relevant today are Luma3DS and Corbenik. However, at the end of the day people should and will just use whatever they want.

Reactions: suparnemo

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyways, maybe the reason people are saying it's abandoned isn't because of the lack of updates or anything like that, but because of the last status update from Reisyukaku.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/members/reisyukaku.344848/
He just posted that after being fed up by the stupid fanboy war for aureinand and reinand.
He is still posting in the thread for ReiNAND.

I'm not trying to defend or promote it (I'm using Luma3DS), I'm just tired of people saying use this or that without knowing the difference between the two or the others... (Not talking about you obviously).

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He just posted that after being fed up by the stupid fanboy war for aureinand and reinand.
He is still posting in the thread for ReiNAND.

I'm not trying to defend or promote it (I'm using Luma3DS), I'm just tired of people saying use this or that without knowing the difference between the two or the others... (Not talking about you obviously).
His last post on the ReiNand thread was on June 28, and that status update was on June 30.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/members/reisyukaku.344848/#postings

I am not saying he's abandoned it, just saying why people might think that from just that.

Anyways, I don't really care what people use. Just use whatever. Hell, use a potato if that somehow ends up working.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ReiNAND uses a very conservative update cycle, but still shows signs of life. Though I have been monitoring it with some concerns. I normally wait for about 2 months to delcare a project dead/abandoned.
It seems pretty much all of the CFW's have entered this kind of "LTS" stage, where all of them have updated to the most stable form they can get and are now focusing on new features through long term testing in nightly branches.
Still, you have options, I actually made an entire thread to help with that
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
I believe someone is trying to get reboot patches on reinand (a dev friend of mine) but he has a lot of other projects going on, so he may not be able to finish it
Good luck with that, but don't expect them to be officially accepted.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Enaske

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem I had was the Pokemon Support, so that is why I got to ReiNand. I hope it work fine on Luma I need to check. On the one I had before ReiNand it crashed in beauty Saloon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1