Hardware Is my wii disc drive dead??

cr235

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought Metroid other M about 30 mins ago and when i tried to load it using the disc channel its not reading the disc, even neogamma gives me error 1167. the wii doesnt even seem to try and read it

i have a softmodded wii with 4.2E
some cIOS's installed and a gamecube mIOS too, could these be the problem?

again this is a legit retail copy of the game. could anybody pleeeeease help me as this needs to be played

cr235

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after another hour of searching still not found a solution.do i need an ios update? or do i need to update to 4.3, but this will delete my homebrew channel

ive also heard that there is some sort of dual-layer disk problem with some games

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Do other retail games work on your Wii? How about Super Smash Bros as that is a dual layer disk like Metroid Other M.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Your drive may just need a clean. On a previous Wii I had, it played single layer games fine but couldn't run Super Smash Bros. Silly thing was I took it to Nintendo but because of Homebrew they were not willing to touch it but allowed me to buy a new Wii at a little over half the price. Obviously the new Wii had no such problems.

cr235

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my original plan was to copy it onto my usb drive with wiiflow but its not picking it up at all.

its def not my drive wii sports worked. i went back to Game and they said my lens is dirty something about dual-layer discs, got a lens cleaner. no luck.....

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the drive can't read Dual-Layered discs. I had the exact same problem (only with Trilogy). I sent it to Nintendo to fix since I don't like doing DIY stuff but they sent me a brand new Wii instead rather than cleaning the lens which was all that needed to be done.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
by any chance you have IOS56 installed...?? I know that it might not be the answer, but just to scratch off possibilities....!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system