Hacking Is my Wii Bricked?

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright firstly id like to apologize if this has already been asked but I'm not gonna look through 440 pages on the subject of "black screen" in "Wii-hacking" forum and searches related to that.

OK I'm going to start by telling you about my Wii console.

Serial Number: LU338411745
IOS: 4.1u

Second of all i have hacked another Wii before and was a cinch an used the same guide as the one below.

I followed this simple guide: http://www.pothsprojects.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=30

I got to this part

"Run IOS Downgrader
Open up WAD Manger in home brew again and install the Wii gator backup launcher so you can boot your games from DVD or install the USB loader if you plan on booting games from SD or USB hard drive."​

BTW i successfully hacked the Wii and was tested and confirmed working, but some home brew did not work like Softchip R99 (which i currently use on my other 4.1u Wii)
So i decided to continue the guide so more i just got to the part where it said "Should be all hacked now and.." as soon as i seen those words i immediately tried a burnt disc and it worked and i like i said some home brew didn't work so i continued the guide.

So then i tried the IOS Downgrader (in mind that i probably just needed to update and maybe it will start working) and all went well except at the end it said "success! something something...restarting Wii.." Wii-mote's lights went off and the wii was froze for like 3 minutes and just wouldn't restart so i took pressed the power button and turned it on again and all i see is a black screen. So then i just googled like crazy and it said :

"Solution #3
Black screen, no connection solution

Another solution to this problem is as follows

1. Eject the game disk (if there is one).
2. Unplug the Wii from the back.
3. Wait 1 minute.
4. Plug it back in.
5. Turn it on from the Wii Remote.
6. Press reset if it does not come on.
7. Hold down the power button to shut it off.
8. Turn it on again.
"​

Didn't work...i am all out of ideas and i wish that someone would help me just get the Wii back, i don't care if i have to revert back to 4.1u (non-hacked) i just need it back up and running.

Thank you for anyone that took the time to read all of this.

Fox.

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply!

But isn't it to late for that now? lol. Any ideas on how to get my Wii back up and running?

Oh BTW i did install bootmii before i did this. It's kinda part of the guide.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you have bootmii as boot2 or IOS ? If you have it as boot2 you can run the Homebrew channel from there. Then download DOP-Mii and install system menu 4.1 alongside with IOS60 v6174 and then your system will bootup. then run a wii system update.

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i DID install bootmii on boot2 but nothing is working. I have bootmii folder on the root of my SD card and all i see is a black screen. I don't see two flashes when i power on the wii.

What can i do? Is there any way i can recover this wii with another wii? Can i recover my wii at any means?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you dont see the two blinking lights when your wii turns on, then you didnt install bootmii as boot2.

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
if you dont see the two blinking lights when your wii turns on, then you didnt install bootmii as boot2.

Oh but i KNOW i did.
That's the thing. Plus, my other wii does not blink two times upon load up and it has bootmii boot2 on it.

QUOTEIt is possible, but let me just say that it is WAY over your head for you to do...no offense, but it really is.

And I'm not Wii illiterate, just tell me what to do and I'll do it. I don't care what it is. It's just i came across a brick that i have never had before. And i already looked over your sig before DeadlyFoez when i was searching for some answers. If it's something that has to do with code, then yes that would be "over my head"

Oh and i already tried putting bootmii folder with armboot.bin, bootmii.ini and ppcboot.elf on the SD card from "prepare sd card" option in bootmii options. Don't work either. Tried two different SD cards as well. Just got a PNY SD HC 4gb (some say it's not compatible, some do) and PNY optima SD 2gb.

Also i burned the Bootmii discv1 to a DVD and tried to boot but that does not work either.

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, I have Bootmi as boot2, and mine doesnt blink either. Just the blue slot flash when I turn it on. As said earlier, you have to make a directory on the root of the SD card called "bootmii" (lowercase might matter). And it needs to contain the files "armboot.bin", "bootmii.ini", and "ppcboot.elf", which you should have saved from installing Bootmii. Of course you should have also done a complete backup of your NAND after installing Bootmii. So, where do you fall in all of these "should haves"? LoL

PS -- sorry I didnt read the 2nd part of your message a few above. I see you already did put these files in the directory. I can't see why BootMii isn't coming up for you. Did you ever test it after you installed BootMii?

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez, Thanks allot for your time. I really appreciate everything. I will do those thing's you have mentioned and report back.

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 1: Ok i just now got around to try this again. SaveMiiFrii is does not work for me although i did this before.

Before getting to update 2 id like to add something that may have bricked my wii.

"There always is the possibility that when you ran something that it horribly glitched for any unknown reason, or even an official nintendo update failed"

FYI this story I'm about to tell was BEFORE i hacked the Wii. I bought Mario bros wii and it said on the disc channel that i needed to update to 4.2u so i ran the update and it said it was installed and the game played but when i went back to system settings i happen to notice that my Firmware was STILL 4.1u. Is it possible that the wii updated (kinda)? or just put some 4.2u system files on there and just had an error? So then i wanted to hack the wii totally forgetting that the wii didn't really install 4.2u and went for a 4.1u wii system hacking guide. So when i used the IOS downgrader maybe it didn't have the right files? then just bricked for some reason?

Update 2: ..So how is betwiin supposed to help me if i can not run bootmii? let alone comex's nand formatter. Cosmex formater is an elf file which boots from SD section in bootmii. it formats the nand and installs wads
...I need bootmii to run these programs. Not possible as of right now. But they are very useful programs that i WISH to use. If there is any other way to boot Betwin or put my working wii's NAND into my bricked wii's nand container that i don't know about, please...give me at least some key words to put into google so that i can find out how to do it.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok if bootmii / prelaoder doesnt work then your only hope is too contact Deadlyfoez and see if his inefectus totorial will help you and even then your gonna need a nand backup of your wii im pretty sure.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Topic title ......

f_hot.gif
|
biggrin.gif
| Is my Wii Bricked?

Why the big smile ?
unsure.gif

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not buying infectus to recover my system menu plus he said they no longer make them anymore and is very hard to find. And you would need either back up NAND or keys which i do not have. Although i do have backup NAND and keys for my other wii, but Betwiin was supposed to be able to restore your NAND from another wii and replace the bricked wii's nand with the good wiis NAND, and i was thinking...how the hell is that possible? The Wii's NAND is for that wii with it's own configuration, serial number and keys, how would it run properly? but i don't have bootmii so anyway I'm pretty much screwed. Thanks for trying to help tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30