Hacking Is my old R4 DS compatible with the new DSi XL?

Overwhelming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to know if my old R4 DS is compatible with the new DSi XL. If not or only partially, which card would you advise me, if I decide to purchase de new portable console?
Thanks.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whatever card is advertised to work with a DSi ( generally they are named accordingly like R4i, M3i, AK2i etc....) then it will work on a DSi XL.
I had to buy a new one as well ( I used to play with a G6 Real ) and I chose an AK2i.
I also preordered my DSi XL this afternoon at the Nintendo World Store, I'll pick it up on Sunday.
They also had one on display, but unfortunately it was turned off.....and boy..it looks like a giant !

Overwhelming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, guys
smile.gif

I was considering purchasing the DSi XL, but Nintendo announced the NDS 3DS today, so I don't know if I should wait...

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Overwhelming said:
Thanks for the replies, guys
smile.gif

I was considering purchasing the DSi XL, but Nintendo announced the NDS 3DS today, so I don't know if I should wait...
It's still a very long ways away. I'm not gonna wait... I'm getting a DSi when I get enough cash, but income's coming in at a trickle right now.
frown.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
iwakura said:
its not worth the upgrade. The DSi feels like a gimmick, and the DSi XL is just...huge.

not to mention, add on a few bucks and you could just get a wii instead. the XL just seems way overpriced.

the XL only cost about 12$ more in sweden XD

tjsynkral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
No. Not at all. If you want a card that will work with the DSi XL, get the AceKard 2i.

The SuperCard DSONEi is also compatible, and has official support including new games like WarioWare DIY. Acekard doesn't support WarioWare DIY. So if you want to play new games go with SuperCard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.