Is my old R4 DS compatible with the new DSi XL?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Overwhelming, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Overwhelming
    OP

Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2003
    I would like to know if my old R4 DS is compatible with the new DSi XL. If not or only partially, which card would you advise me, if I decide to purchase de new portable console?
    Thanks.

2. Skyline969

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    No. Not at all. If you want a card that will work with the DSi XL, get the AceKard 2i.

3. azure0wind

azure0wind GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2009
    Indonesia
    R4 only working with ds/dsl ak2i working with ds,dsl,dsi.

4. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Whatever card is advertised to work with a DSi ( generally they are named accordingly like R4i, M3i, AK2i etc....) then it will work on a DSi XL.
    I had to buy a new one as well ( I used to play with a G6 Real ) and I chose an AK2i.
    I also preordered my DSi XL this afternoon at the Nintendo World Store, I'll pick it up on Sunday.
    They also had one on display, but unfortunately it was turned off.....and boy..it looks like a giant !

5. Overwhelming
    OP

Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2003
    Thanks for the replies, guys [​IMG]

I was considering purchasing the DSi XL, but Nintendo announced the NDS 3DS today, so I don't know if I should wait...

6. Skyline969

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    It's still a very long ways away. I'm not gonna wait... I'm getting a DSi when I get enough cash, but income's coming in at a trickle right now. [​IMG]

7. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    its not worth the upgrade. The DSi feels like a gimmick, and the DSi XL is just...huge.

not to mention, add on a few bucks and you could just get a wii instead. the XL just seems way overpriced.

8. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    the XL only cost about 12$ more in sweden XD

9. tjsynkral

tjsynkral Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The SuperCard DSONEi is also compatible, and has official support including new games like WarioWare DIY. Acekard doesn't support WarioWare DIY. So if you want to play new games go with SuperCard.