superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Today i started up Team Fortress 2 like allways. After 2 minuttes it crashed.... but it was not a normal crash.. my whole computer was stuck even my motherboard did'nt respound (I could not shutdown with kabinet buttons). The only thing i could was to turn off the power.

After i tried again and it happend AGAIN!!!
Now ive tried many things like reinstalling
frown.gif

And i still cannot play anything :'(

Did i just fry my 8800GT?

KeitaroBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you done some overclocking on your CPU, RAM or Video card ? If so, maybe you should reduce frequencies. If not, tell us if the crash happens with other games.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
KeitaroBaka said:
Have you done some overclocking on your CPU, RAM or Video card ? If so, maybe you should reduce frequencies. If not, tell us if the crash happens with other games.
Happends with EVERY single 3D game. Even CS 1,6 makes this crash that completly locks my pc up.

KeitaroBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try restoring EVERY frequencies you have modified to their original values.

I overclock my computer in winter, but when summer comes, i reset those settings because it has the bad habit to crash often.

KeitaroBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you updated your drivers recently or installed new programs ? Some nVidia drivers were really bad and made my computer crash (but that was years ago).

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
I used the SAME drivers for 2 moths whitout ANY problems.

The GPU is 50 degress when i start my PC. Thats pretty normal... but when i play any game it crashes.
frown.gif

And ive tried to make a complete reinstall i still got the problem.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
superrob said:
I used the SAME drivers for 2 moths whitout ANY problems.

The GPU is 50 degress when i start my PC. Thats pretty normal... but when i play any game it crashes.
frown.gif

And ive tried to make a complete reinstall i still got the problem.
My computer is 30 degrees when I start it. 74 is maximum during even the most intense applications. 50 at start is just not normal. I think either you need to get a new fan, or maybe the thermal compound was incorrectly applied. Again check your GPU temprature. It should be around 67 degress. I have the same card and the same CPU as you. The reason is that the fan is default at 29% of the original speed. Turn the GPU fan to 100%, it should go down to 50 degrees if not less.
Also your CPU fan should be at 100% also. Change that if you have not done so. Tell us the chipset and the manufacturer of your Motherboard. It should help us. I have an XFX 680i lt.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like your computer's running too hot. Find some program to monitor temps (like NvMonitor). 8800GT's are known to be ovens (except for mine cos I'm skillful). Are you using stock cooling for your Q6600 (sounds crazy but are you?)?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Jerro123 said:
Sounds like your computer's running too hot. Find some program to monitor temps (like NvMonitor). 8800GT's are known to be ovens (except for mine cos I'm skillful). Are you using stock cooling for your Q6600 (sounds crazy but are you?)?
Nope im using another cooler for my CPU. And its running at 30 Degress and 50 when stressed.

My 8800GT is at 50Degress when i boot up.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Jerro123 @ May 11 2008, 12:07 PM) Sounds like your computer's running too hot. Find some program to monitor temps (like NvMonitor). 8800GT's are known to be ovens (except for mine cos I'm skillful). Are you using stock cooling for your Q6600 (sounds crazy but are you?)?
Nope im using another cooler for my CPU. And its running at 30 Degress and 50 when stressed.

My 8800GT is at 50Degress when i boot up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P