Is it worth buying a 60Hz monitor?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I generally find high frame rates fairly pointless we can ponder some things.

165 is not a straight multiple either (120 or 180 being that and thus frame doubling or tripling would be in play) which is annoying. That said 185 is fairly high end so do make sure you don't have variable frame rate support as that is an increasingly popular trick.

When you selected options it might be a driver limited thing or indeed sometimes you can slap windows and tell it to show "unsupported" modes and pick one of those. What scope there is for having fun with drivers these days I don't know (and laptops are even more annoying/limited to vendor provided efforts rather than gpu manufacturer) but it would also be rare not to have something.

You can also go the other way and find user made hacks and mods to support such things on the game side of things. https://www.wsgf.org/mgl is more for high res and widescreen (it originally being about widescreen, being widescreen gaming forums, but kept up with the times) but has some stuff here and those that do widescreen type deals not unsurprisingly often also do this. Depending upon the vintage of game it can get harder if various internal clocks were tied to things but a lot of things decoupled it so can be as easy as fiddling with an ini file or running with a switch. Some online modes might also complain.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How? As far as I know the refresh rate is set in hardware and you can't change it.

Edit: I figured it out but this monitor does not support lower refresh rates.

Idk mate, laptop I have can do 40 and 60 Hz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9