Is it safe to use r4i deluxe

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by andre104623, Oct 10, 2014.

1. andre104623
    OP

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    I posted a topic on how I just bought a 3ds with 4.4 fw and almost a year ago my 3ds xl was bricked by the same card and since I been using the r4i deluxe with 4.0b2 I love it it works great and all the games I want to play work fine. I was going to buy a gateway this weekend but if its safe to use the r4i deluxe now I would like to save the money.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    its probably safe, i'm not a dev and i haven't heard from any in regards to if the brick code has been completely removed, but from the looks of it, its safe to use.......just be cautious of any updates they put out in future

another thing to be aware of, from what i have heard their latest FW will randomly delete your saves too......so be sure to keep backups

3. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    It's as safe as the Gateway, and we all know that still has a Bricking code.

Safe-wise, no one can say. Hopefully everyone has learned their lesson, but I'm somewhat doubtful that's the case since Gateway is still apparently supporting the use of Bricking code. The funny thing is, they never actually admitted they used the code. They dodged so many questions on that, and ended up just telling everyone that if your console broke while using their software, they'd fix it for you.