Gaming Is it safe to update Wii when the Wii is modded by AnyRegion Changer?

HippoInWindow20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I recently modded my Japanese Version of Wii using AnyRegion Changer Offline (mod06), and it downgraded my Wii to 4.1U. Is it safe to update the Wii Software? Will it revert my Wii back to Japanese(4.3J), or will I get 4.3U? I don't want to see Japanese in my Wii ever again.

--Specifications--
Model:
Wii Japanese Version (Softmodded)
Software Version: 4.1U (Downgraded using AnyRegion Changer 1.1b Offline mod06)
Display (Just in case): NTSC - 16:9 Aspect Ratio - EDTV/HDTV (480p)
Sensor Bar (Just in case): Installed and Working (Direct Installation, no adapters)
Display Wire (Just in case): Installed and Working (Direct Installation, no adapters)
Audio (Just in case): Working
USB Port (Just in case): Working, with port 0 USB HDD
GameCube Cartridges (Just in case): Not Installed
GameCube Controllers (Just in case): Not Attached
Disc Port (Just in case): Working, with Disc Inside (Crayon Shin-chan: Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii)
Additional Mods (Just in case): Priiloader, Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX, Configurable USB Loader, Gecko OS, SoftChip Loader
NAND Changes: Removed Duplicated Forecast Channel + News Channel

Any help would be REALLY appreciated. Don't hesitate to post!

Eribetra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You will semibrick your Wii (Settings menu Opera error). I think it's best you buy an US Wii, they cost super cheap nowadays.

D

Deleted User

Honestly, there's no reason to even update the Wii past that point. You can just install IOSes and updated channels separately to have a 'functional' 'updated' Wii.

Now, if you're supposed to use the Japanese version of IOSes or not, I could not help you there. I would assume so, but don't count on me.

HippoInWindow20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Honestly, there's no reason to even update the Wii past that point. You can just install IOSes and updated channels separately to have a 'functional' 'updated' Wii.

Now, if you're supposed to use the Japanese version of IOSes or not, I could not help you there. I would assume so, but don't count on me.
Actually my Wii Settings is now bricked. Is this normal? Is it possible to fix? If yes, how?

Eribetra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just install the Japanese System Menu from AnyRegion Changer and it should unbrick. Don't try to regionchange a Wii so that you have that one forever, your Japanese Wii is made for the Japanese system menu and etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol