Hacking Is it safe to update N3DS EU Sysnand to 9.4 with Xenoblade EU?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in sleep mode, i never have any crash with emunand...so yes it's stable (for me at least)...but i prefer to turn off the 3ds and launch the exploit again, for more battery hours, the gateway launch exploit is really easy, you need to adapt to that...

The problem is not adapting, the problem is I do not own a Gateway and I'm certainly not spending another $60 on another flash cart. My friend has one I can borrow though, so if I can use it once and leave it in emunand permanently then everything works out.

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The problem is not adapting, the problem is I do not own a Gateway and I'm certainly not spending another $60 on another flash cart. My friend has one I can borrow though, so if I can use it once and leave it in emunand permanently then everything works out.

Do you have an o3DS or a n3DS? if new, you can install the SD card manager app and copy the .CIAs into your card without even leaving GW mode, and then directly install them with a manager also installed on your menu. I read someone say the app works on o3ds too but I haven't tested it personally

fcz_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

ouh!...i don't know if is thaaaaaat stable, you want to play cias only...i think that if you stay in emunand forever someday will crash, because isn't original nand and the gateway team still have bugs and improve in his method :/

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to play any CIA files. I just want to be able to play Xenoblade with my Sky3DS.

Kylecito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm not trying to play any CIA files. I just want to be able to play Xenoblade with my Sky3DS.

I've kept my n3ds on GW mode for days, and the only few times it has crashed has been when I remove the GW card from the system, or when playing around with installing CIAs. If you just stick to your sky3DS it should be fine. Maybe it crashes sometimes when removing the card too so, you'd be safer with keeping it in the system :P

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It crashes when you remove the Gateway? Then how could one possibly use GW Mode to play legit carts or with a Sky?

Kylecito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It crashes when you remove the Gateway? Then how could one possibly use GW Mode to play legit carts or with a Sky?

No, it happens rarely, for me at least. Seems like if I have a game loaded on the cart slot and take the card out, sometimes the system freezes. Haven't really been able to pinpoint the exact cause but it has happened at least twice now.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you boot the gateway to classic mode you can run Xeno on the sky howver Classic mode does not allow using unsigned cia files so updates and online are going to be a problem. At some point the you are going to have a crash and need to reboot.

fcz_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you boot the gateway to classic mode you can run Xeno on the sky howver Classic mode does not allow using unsigned cia files so updates and online are going to be a problem. At some point the you are going to have a crash and need to reboot.

yeah i'm here to say the same xD emunand (GW mode), without the GWCard, you only be able to play cia files; in classic mode you can launch original games...so sorry :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up