Hacking Is it safe to update my system firmware after using a Sky3DS ?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so what's the next step ? The FBI thing ? How do I set that up ?

Did something go wrong ? (;_; )

Ok, so it sounds like you haven't setup an Emunand yet. Which since I screwed up and didn't tell you to use FBI yet is a good thing. :P

First google 3ds FBI.CIA: You should be able to find a pack which has FBI.3dx - FBI.cia - ect.
You want to put FBI.3dx in a FBI folder - place that into your 3ds folder on the mSD (internal)

Ninjhax > Pasta (Rei should work too) > Ninjhax > FBI > Install the .cia

@Xenon Hacks - I like Reinand since it has Emunand support. But it also has Sysnand support, so it's basically Pasta + Emunand now (I think) :P

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have FBI installed to your Sysnand, then you want to create your Emunand. *Backup your mSD now* - You want to go into Nintendo 3ds folder - Numbers & letters - backup dbs and place it somewhere else

To do this google Gateway firmware download

Download the latest firmware - extract the launcher.dat to your mSD - scan the QR code with Cubic Ninja (To delete cubic ninja QR code thats installed iirc it's R + L + X + Y)
Now CN will launch you into Gateway Menu where you can create your emunand.

Once you've made an emunand, remove your internal mSD (Turn off the 3ds) then format the Sysnands settings.
Place all the files you orignally backed up back onto the mSD. Go into Nintendo 3DS > Numbers > the emunands > place the dbs folder you backed up there. (This should transfer FBI to you Emunand)

Now you have an unlinked Sys and Emu so you don't get an unwrap bug & you can install .cias to your emunand :D

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have FBI installed to your Sysnand, then you want to create your Emunand. *Backup your mSD now* - You want to go into Nintendo 3ds folder - Numbers & letters - backup dbs and place it somewhere else

To do this google Gateway firmware download

Download the latest firmware - extract the launcher.dat to your mSD - scan the QR code with Cubic Ninja (To delete cubic ninja QR code thats installed iirc it's R + L + X + Y)
Now CN will launch you into Gateway Menu where you can create your emunand.

Once you've made an emunand, remove your internal mSD (Turn off the 3ds) then format the Sysnands settings.
Place all the files you orignally backed up back onto the mSD. Go into Nintendo 3DS > Numbers > the emunands > place the dbs folder you backed up there. (This should transfer FBI to you Emunand)

Now you have an unlinked Sys and Emu so you don't get an unwrap bug & you can install .cias to your emunand :D
Do this if my pasta files dont work

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to admit. Setting up cfw (emunand really) without gateway to get you a cia manager onto it is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Getting instructions of diff things from 2 diff sides... This is confusing... I'll try out those pasta files first

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I copied the PastaCFW folder to the '3ds' folder on my sd card and booted up the homebrew menu then launched PastaCFW through there, it flashed a black screen with some text for a split second and now I'm on the Home menu, Please please tell me this is good news.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting instructions of diff things from 2 diff sides... This is confusing... I'll try out those pasta files first

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I copied the PastaCFW folder to the '3ds' folder on my sd card and booted up the homebrew menu then launched PastaCFW through there, it flashed a black screen with some text for a split second and now I'm on the Home menu, Please please tell me this is good news.

That's Pasta cfw - Sysnand with signatures patched so you can install and play unlegit stuff.
It's the same thing you did with Reinand a little while ago. :)

Edit: If you decide you want to use Reinand (with emunand) i'll just link give you a lil tut from start to finish.

Ninjhax:
Needed Items: Cubic Ninja - Reisyukaku's Pastebin - Pasta cfw- FBI.3dsx - FBI.CIA/Devmenu/BigBlueMenu - Gateways Launcher.dat

Turn off your 3DS
Google gateway-3ds download - download latest version - Cannot link
Extract contents of 'Gateway_Ultra_X.X.X' to the root of your 3DS' SD card (N3DS:\mSD\) *
Google Reisyukaku's Pastebin & download "Reinand X.X CFW" - Cannot link
Extract the contents to the root of your 3DS' internal SD card. (N3DS:\mSD\)
Download Ninjhax Homebrew Launcher - smealum.net/ninjhax/dl/hbmenu/boot.3dsx
Extract Homebrew Launcher to the root of 3DS' SD card (N3DS:\mSD\)
Go to http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ & input your Firmware & Region letter
Download Pasta CFW - https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/
Extract 3ds folder to the root of 3DS' SD card (N3DS:\mSD\)
Google and Download FBI.3dsx & FBI.cia or BigBlueMenu.cia or Devmenu.cia - Pretty sure cannot link
Place FBI.3dsx in N3DS:\3ds\FBI\
Place .CIA anywhere you want on SD
Turn on your 3DS
Insert your copy of Cubic Ninja & start.
Press A -> Create -> QR Code -> Scane QR code you got from inputing your Firmware & Region letter at http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ (If you already have an exploit installed in CN - Go to main menu, hold L+R+X+Y and follow instructions)
Use Cubic Ninja QR code - Wait for exploit to run & launch Homebrew Menu
Start Pasta CFW
Launch Cubic Ninja -> Ninjhax exploit again.
Start FBI
Select & install your .CIA of choice
Turn off 3DS & backup your SD card.
Turn on 3DS & Launch Cubic Ninja
At Cubic Ninjas home menu hold L+R+X+Y and follow instructions -> Create -> QR Code -> Scan QR in Gateways: Save Games for New 3DS\Cubic\Your Region\
Launch the QR code to enter Gateways Menu
Backup System Nand -> Once done, turn off your 3DS & copy Nand.bin to your computer.
Cubic Ninja -> QR code -> Gateway Menu
Format Emunand -> Turn off 3DS
***If you want to unlink Sysnand & Emunand so you don't have to unwrap .cia app installs every time you boot into Emu, format the Systemnand with the 3DS' SD card removed.***
Moved the backed up SD cards files back onto the SD
Turn on 3DS
Cubic Ninja -> home menu hold L+R+X+Y and follow instructions -> Create -> QR Code -> Scan QR from Ninjhax once again. (Last time you'll need to do this)
Launch QR -> Lauch ReiNand from Homebrew Launcher.

Then to transfer FBI to your emunand
Think as you've installed CIA installer successfully on SysNAND, for example FBI installed. Normal things when u format EmuNAND from GW:
0. SysNAND: FBI ticket. SDCard: FBI content. No Emunand now.
1. Format: Duplicate all those SysNAND into EmuNAND. So it copies the tickets from SysNAND and put them into EmuNAND.
2. However, SDCard is totally formatted after Format to have an emunand with GW. So, FBI content lost during that.
3. If i copy the original content back into the SDCard. Since ticket is ready, and content there, the app should exist.
4. If i unlink both NANDs, when plug out the SD and "format" the 3DS the ID varies and thus no connection between both NANDs.
So i thought you've forget to copy the data back to your SD. When in ReiNAND, there are tickets without any contents responsible, so no app.

Note: If i made a wrong response - sorry for such problems. Here it is so hot to get brain working normally.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
That's Pasta cfw - Sysnand with signatures patched so you can install and play unlegit stuff.
It's the same thing you did with Reinand a little while ago. :)

Edit: If you decide you want to use Reinand (with emunand) i'll just link give you a lil tut from start to finish.

Ninjhax:
Needed Items: Cubic Ninja - Reisyukaku's Pastebin - Pasta cfw- FBI.3dsx - FBI.CIA/Devmenu/BigBlueMenu - Gateways Launcher.dat

Turn off your 3DS
Google gateway-3ds download - download latest version - Cannot link
Extract contents of 'Gateway_Ultra_X.X.X' to the root of your 3DS' SD card (N3DS:\mSD\) *
Google Reisyukaku's Pastebin & download "Reinand X.X CFW" - Cannot link
Extract the contents to the root of your 3DS' internal SD card. (N3DS:\mSD\)
Download Ninjhax Homebrew Launcher - smealum.net/ninjhax/dl/hbmenu/boot.3dsx
Extract Homebrew Launcher to the root of 3DS' SD card (N3DS:\mSD\)
Go to http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ & input your Firmware & Region letter
Download Pasta CFW - https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/
Extract 3ds folder to the root of 3DS' SD card (N3DS:\mSD\)
Google and Download FBI.3dsx & FBI.cia or BigBlueMenu.cia or Devmenu.cia - Pretty sure cannot link
Place FBI.3dsx in N3DS:\3ds\FBI\
Place .CIA anywhere you want on SD
Turn on your 3DS
Insert your copy of Cubic Ninja & start.
Press A -> Create -> QR Code -> Scane QR code you got from inputing your Firmware & Region letter at http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ (If you already have an exploit installed in CN - Go to main menu, hold L+R+X+Y and follow instructions)
Use Cubic Ninja QR code - Wait for exploit to run & launch Homebrew Menu
Start Pasta CFW
Launch Cubic Ninja -> Ninjhax exploit again.
Start FBI
Select & install your .CIA of choice
Turn off 3DS & backup your SD card.
Turn on 3DS & Launch Cubic Ninja
At Cubic Ninjas home menu hold L+R+X+Y and follow instructions -> Create -> QR Code -> Scan QR in Gateways: Save Games for New 3DS\Cubic\Your Region\
Launch the QR code to enter Gateways Menu
Backup System Nand -> Once done, turn off your 3DS & copy Nand.bin to your computer.
Cubic Ninja -> QR code -> Gateway Menu
Format Emunand -> Turn off 3DS
***If you want to unlink Sysnand & Emunand so you don't have to unwrap .cia app installs every time you boot into Emu, format the Systemnand with the 3DS' SD card removed.***
Moved the backed up SD cards files back onto the SD
Turn on 3DS
Cubic Ninja -> home menu hold L+R+X+Y and follow instructions -> Create -> QR Code -> Scan QR from Ninjhax once again. (Last time you'll need to do this)
Launch QR -> Lauch ReiNand from Homebrew Launcher.

Then to transfer FBI to your emunand
Ok so looks like Xenon can't help me out at the moment. Would you perhaps know of anything about using FBI and all ? Help would be greatly appreciated.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so looks like Xenon can't help me out at the moment. Would you perhaps know of anything about using FBI and all ? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Drop the .CIA you want to install on your internal SD > Ninjhax > Pasta > Ninjhax > FBI > Select and install the CIA (Install to SD *Which is the default directory*)
Once you've installed your .CIA, go back to Pasta & unwrap your installed game / app.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got that part understood but, how do I setup FBI ? which files to download and where to place

FBI 1.4.6 - Extract the 3ds folder to the root of your mSD.
You can place the .cia of FBI anywhere on your mSD if you want to install that to the Sysnand so you don't need to launch Ninjhax in order to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay