Hacking Is it safe to run the Wii System Update from 3.1U to 3.2U?

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone,
I've just bought a D-Link 524 and now my Wii can connect to the internet!
yaynds.gif

As I have a modded wii, I am not sure whether I can allow the system update to run. For now, I didn't allow it to run...
Has anyone had any problem updating to 3.2U? Are there any modchips for which a Wii System Update can be dangerous?
I am asking this because I am not sure which modchip I have.
What I know is the following:

1. All my DVD5 games run flawlessly, including Mario Galaxy.
2. I could not get my DVD9 copy of Smash Bros Brawl to work. I get a white screen after the first loading screen (my guess is that my wii cannot access the second layer of the DVD). However, my DVD5 Brawl runs flawlessly! What's more, I've just played it on the internet!!
3. The guy who sold me the Wii said it had a Wiikey in it (but he may have lied...)

Please, share your experience! Tell me if it is safe to update.
If anyone can guess which modchip I have from the information above, feel free to do so!! (I don't want to open my Wii just to check this...)
If there is another topic with this discussion, please post the link. I couldn't find it.
Thank you.

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, you mean that the real problem is to update from a DVD of a different region? As I am using WI-FI, the update is going to match my region, right? I thought that the problem was the new Wii firmware version detecting the modchip.
Thank you.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
blechner said:
So, you mean that the real problem is to update from a DVD of a different region? As I am using WI-FI, the update is going to match my region, right? I thought that the problem was the new Wii firmware version detecting the modchip.
Thank you.
wifi is still safe. disc-update from another region = careful

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you.
I've just updated and I am still alive!!
This update was for parental control... nothing useful...

oxidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drock360 said:
Oh, you should have not run the update. This update patches the wii freeloader and the trucha signer, not allowing you to play trucha signed games.
Im not real sure about that drock ive upgraded to without meaning too and all my trucha signed stupp and freeloader still works maybe it may have an effect later when ios37 hits the channels though

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
drock360 said:
Oh, you should have not run the update. This update patches the wii freeloader and the trucha signer, not allowing you to play trucha signed games.

I have a ripped version of Smash Bros Brawl (DVD5) and I think that trucha signer was used in the process... I still can play it. No problem so far. Are you sure about that?

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
drock360 said:

Idiot, not true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1