Is it safe to purchase a pre-hardmodded console

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by [lol], Dec 26, 2016.

1. [lol]
    OP

[lol] Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Indonesia
    hello I want to buy a new 3ds xl and want to ask several question, hope you guys could help me..

so in my country many sellers sell new 3ds in hardmodded condition, is it safe to buy it that way? I am afraid of internal hardware failure because of reckless soldering, what should I look/check when buying pre modded console?

Last edited by [lol], Dec 26, 2016
  2. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    One thing you should be wary of, is the fact it may be banned for playing leaked copies of Pokemon online before its launch. Some people are selling their banned modded systems and not saying they're banned.

VictorMoreno015 and [lol] like this.
  3. [lol]
    OP

[lol] Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Indonesia
    well they sells brand new console and give like 2 weeks warranty, I would return the console if they sold me those

from the hardware perspective is it pretty safe? what things I should look for so I don't get bad soldered one?

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    It would actually be safer to just send out your system to be hardmodded. We have plenty of trusted users who don't charge too much and confirmed safe

[lol] likes this.
  5. [lol]
    OP

[lol] Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Indonesia
    there's no listed user here in
    I have browsed through the modder list thread and couldn't find one in my country, perhaps I should search it locally, thanks btw

6. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    omg, where do you live?? hardmodded system means they're in 9.2 right??

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Hardmodded as in soldered wires that can be connected to your pc to flash nand backups if you brick

CatmanFan and Pokem like this.