Is it safe to install Riiconnect24 on Wii ver. 4.1E?

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, i have a problem right now... I was thinking if i could install Riiconnect24 on my Wii with Version 4.1, but i dont wanna break sth that works thats why I would need help for that 😅.
thank you

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u use modmii u can use rc24 without updating to 4.3 (or installing RC24's ios80). The key thing is modmii's system menu IOS (ios60 for 4.1). On the official rc24 installation page they will tell u that u need to be on 4.3, but it's not true if u do as I described above.

Reactions: jeannotte

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you :)
Post automatically merged:

Another question, im not using Modmii. Would it also work over Bootmii? Or is that something else?
Bootmii is a exploid, isnt it?

Last edited by Mimikyu,
Reactions: XFlak

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u use modmii u can use rc24 without updating to 4.3 (or installing RC24's ios80). The key thing is modmii's system menu IOS (ios60 for 4.1). On the official rc24 installation page they will tell u that u need to be on 4.3, but it's not true if u do as I described above.
Do you maybe have a instruction? I could use one...
Post automatically merged:

Would also WiiLink work for Wii 4.1?

Last edited by Mimikyu,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use modmii to mod your wii as per usual, either its main wizard or syscheck updater wizard, then follow the rc24 guide sans upgrading to 4.3 and installing their ios80

Edit: sans=without, sorry I was feeling pretentious with my word choice, lol

Edit2: try the same steps as above for wii link and plz report back if it works, there's a good chance it will but I haven't looked into it deeply or heard reports one way or the other so confirmation would be great

Reactions: Mimikyu

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I could actually try Wiilink on that version too. I got a question tho, you said install everything with modmii, I have everything installed for years with bootmii... Do I need to start over again? No right? And installing iOS80 is safe for version 4.1? The last time I changed the iOS was as I bought my Wii, I think I have iOS58 installed I'm not sure tho. Also I'm scared games won't work anymore, cause I read somewhere if you change the iOS you won't be able to do a few things like booting homebrew apps or play usb games...

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe it will tell you what to do, and will avoid redundant steps if u already have certain things installed and up to date

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

If u softmod using modmii's main wizard, the end result should be pretty much the same as above, it will overwrite old mods if applicable with the latest and greatest, everything should keep working

IOS80 is only used by the 4.3 system menu IOS. So if you are on 4.1 your wii will use ios60 and doesn't care what is or isn't installed to ios80. Modmii will have u install a solid system menu IOS for whatever system menu version you are on, and if the extra brick protection option is enabled it will install it just in case to other system menu IOS slots as well (like 80, 70, etc.) so that if a user does something stupid like trying to install system menu 4.3 without ios80 you won't brick, since ios80 was installed previously as extra protection. Also modmii's system menu IOS protects against a few other things I won't go into now, read through the modmii changelog if u are interested in the details

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: