Potential Wii malware/brickers being shared

Trophies
XP
I know I'm just giving this script kiddie attention, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Also apologies if this is badly written, I'm not good at using forums.
Basically, there's a guy who I won't name going around writing Wii brickers disguised as harmless WADs (such as a Golden Axe VC WAD) or homebrew applications.
Their biggest project, which I won't name either, is a fork of KoreanKii that just installs the korean key onto your Wii's SEEPROM. This by itself wouldn't be difficult to recover from, but here's the catch; it also deletes EVERYTHING off your SD card and USB drive.
They're planning on sharing malicious WADs and applications right here on GBATemp, which is why I finally made a post about this.
They're also claiming to have written WiiGPT, and that RiiConnect24 and WiiLink have been "stealing their hard work", which just isn't true and is them trying to make up some sort of rationale for doing these awful things.

TL;DR don't install random WADs or run random homebrew apps, test on dolphin first!
Edit: Now I'm concerned.. What if Open Shop doesn't realize???? I don't know at this point!!

Wow. Reminds me of the DS trojan named DSBrick. Usually disguised as a download play software.

Small tip to anyone a bit concerned about this post: If you're looking for custom WADS, only get them from reputable sources like for example MarioCube or make your own.

Last edited by Deleted member 538683,

emilydaemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
donut.eu.org
XP
Country
Finland
Edit: Now I'm concerned.. What if Open Shop doesn't realize???? I don't know at this point!!
don't worry, OSC's moderation is strict. there will never be a single piece of malware posted on OSC.

now that I'm posting in this thread, I suppose I should mention that I finally got around to looking at the source code of the brickers. They don't compile. While you should be careful when running homebrew, currently there are 0 brickers in circulation.
It's best that we stop giving this person attention; it's all they want.

Trophies
XP
don't worry, OSC's moderation is strict. there will never be a single piece of malware posted on OSC.

now that I'm posting in this thread, I suppose I should mention that I finally got around to looking at the source code of the brickers. They don't compile. While you should be careful when running homebrew, currently there are 0 brickers in circulation.
It's best that we stop giving this person attention; it's all they want.
Ok.. phew.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?