Hacking Is it possible to use godmode to put necessary files on acekard 2i dsi?

Shad0w136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered an acekard from nds-card.com (Awesome business btw) and went to try the card, but it gave me a message saying "System File Is Missing" when attempting to try it on my 3ds. Upon further research I realize what I need seems to be an adapter, and I found the files on the wiki necessary to update my card. Mine didn't come with an adapter, but I thought of another way.

My main question is, is it possible to use godmode's gamecart option to put the necessary files inside of the card? It does show 2 files already inside of the gamecart, an .nds file and a trim.nds file.

I don't think this has been posted about, but I'm not sure, as I wasn't able to find any. My main concern is, if it would ruin the acekard if I attempted this.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those files on the flashcart are read-only, according to GM9. I couldn't paste/rename files on my flashcarts with GodMode9, either. And those nds files on your flashcart just make up for the dummy header and icon, not the firmware itself. That's on either another partition, or another flash chip on the card.

Last edited by dpad_5678,

Shad0w136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those files on the flashcart are read-only, according to GM9. I couldn't paste/rename files on my flashcarts with GodMode9, either.
Damn, haha well that's all right. I guess I'll just buy something to read the micro sd card from walmart :P

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, haha well that's all right. I guess I'll just buy something to read the micro sd card from walmart :P
If you have an Android phone, you can use that to place the correct files on your card. Target also has good 2-in-1 microSD/SD card readers for about $8.

Shad0w136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an Android phone, you can use that to place the correct files on your card. Target also has good 2-in-1 microSD/SD card readers for about $8.
Wow, I didn't even think about using a phone to do it :O It just so happens I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that might be able to get the job done xD Thanks for the tips/help :D

Reactions: dpad_5678

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.