Hacking Is it possible to restore a older entrypoint nand backup?

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not wrong, you can just run SafeB9SInstaller with the B9S 1.0 files and it'll work. After that go back to Luma 7.1.

Somebody else please confirm.
It works to downgrade, but doesnt fix the problem. I had it working then but now i downgrade and the games still dont work

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not wrong, you can just run SafeB9SInstaller with the B9S 1.0 files and it'll work. After that go back to Luma 7.1.
Don't think that restoring the backup will change the B9S part.
Somebody else please confirm.
I can confirm that this does work (from word of mouth, not personal experience, so be warned), however I would definitely not advise it, as B9S 1.2 itself doesn't break anything.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I believe your NAND should be damaged, this includes the backup file. Because even restoring your NAND to old version, the problem is not being solved.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe your NAND should be damaged, this includes the backup file. Because even restoring your NAND to old version, the problem is not being solved.
So im not gonna be able to play again?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If what you say is true, can i remove b9s and send it to nintendo to be repaired?

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

If what you say is true, can i remove b9s and send it to nintendo to be repaired?
I suggest you try to take your 3DS to a technical service.
Specialized in 3DS concert.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I highly doubt it's your NAND, and even if it is, using a CTRTransfer would likely help, although I wouldn't do that just yet. You can NAND backup and give it a shot if you want tho.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I only had two problems with Luma 8 with boot9strap 1.2, in Bootntr's menu, it gave black screen with numeric code and in PKSM it gave a black screen informing that it was without card, I deleted and reinstalled the applications and the errors disappeared.

D

Deleted User

OP, backup your saves (on digital games) and do a CTRNand Transfer. If that doesn't work, then there is a problem which can't be fixed software wise (that I know of)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
wait no thats not how it works b9s doesnt change just from a nand restore

Fairly certain you're wrong. FIRM protection is applied by software such as Luma. As such, by booting, say, GM9 or D9WIP, you can overwrite B9S by restoring an earlier backup.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly certain you're wrong. FIRM protection is applied by software such as Luma. As such, by booting, say, GM9 or D9WIP, you can overwrite B9S by restoring an earlier backup.
Safe restoring doesn't overwrite B9S though, and I don't know if you can even restore any other way other than safely via GM9.

I mean I suppose you could restore a backup in a "non-safe" way, but it's not gonna downgrade the system back down to B9S 1.0 afaik, nor is it a good idea to try it in most situations.

i could be wrong though. In that case, please do correct me.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Safe restoring doesn't overwrite B9S though, and I don't know if you can even restore any other way other than safely via GM9.

I mean I suppose you could restore a backup in a "non-safe" way, but it's not gonna downgrade the system back down to B9S 1.0 afaik, nor is it a good idea to try it in most situations.

i could be wrong though. In that case, please do correct me.

D9WIP/GM9 has two options iirc, one of which overwrites A9LH/B9S. It's not "unsafe" per se.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D9WIP/GM9 has two options iirc, one of which overwrites A9LH/B9S. It's not "unsafe".
I only made the distinction "unsafe" as a way to tell the 2 apart.

Again, it's not even an option in GM9 when I checked (NAND backup file > NAND image options... > there's only one restore option), and even if it were, there is no point in doing a restore like that, it won't help anything.

You are correct though, that is an option in Decrypt9, and doing a restore that doesn't keep A9LH would in fact mean that you are changing things via a NAND restore. What I'm trying to say is that doing that won't downgrade back to 1.0, nor would it even have an affect on B9S if you were to restore a NAND backup the usual way.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Again, it's not even an option in GM9 when I checked (NAND backup file > NAND image options... > there's only one restore option), and even if it were, there is no point in doing a restore like that, it won't help anything.

You are correct though, that is an option in Decrypt9, and doing a restore that doesn't keep A9LH would in fact mean that you are changing things via a NAND restore. What I'm trying to say is that doing that won't downgrade back to 1.0, nor would it even have an affect on B9S if you were to restore a NAND backup the usual way.

If you really wanna downgrade, which I would NOT recommend, that is not the way to do it. It would be better to use SafeB9SInstaller. Again, I'd highly advise against doing it, but I figured I'd tell you the proper way, just in case you didn't listen to me.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

That's strange. I haven't actually checked GM9, but I find it strange that an option that exists in D9W wouldn't exist in GM9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740