Gaming Is it possible to play my Odyssey game without updating the firmware?

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Mario Odyssey and the game won't let me play without updating the system. Is there a workaround? I'm currently on 4.1.0. It used to work but then I did a 'refresh' on my system in an attempt to get my newly installed SD card to work. Now the system wants me to upgrade the firmware to be able to play.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about playing the game on a lower firmware, but what you could do is update the Switch to 5.1.0 without burning fuses, so then whenever you feel like it, you can downgrade back to 4.1.0.

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about playing the game on a lower firmware, but what you could do is update the Switch to 5.1.0 without burning fuses, so then whenever you feel like it, you can downgrade back to 4.1.0.
That sounds like it might work. I was wanting to keep it 4.1.0 so when I was ready to hack it it might be easier. Got a link for the procedure?

Last edited by bird333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1