Hacking Is it possible to install multiple copies of the same title?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I want to mod Breath of the Wild, and Smash 4. SDCaffiine is nice but Breath of the Wild pushes mods out of RAM after a while and it can be unstable with Smash 4. A workaround for that would be editing the files with FTPiiU Everywhere, thus permanently installing the mods. But this too has drawbacks because I still want to play vanilla BotW and Smash 4. So my question is if there is a way to change the Title ID or some other identifier in order to install both a vanilla copy and a modded copy of games, without just having two hard drives and swapping them.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are sure? Have you tried it yourself? I'm assuming I would have to unpack and edit the meta.xml or something, do you know how I would do that? Also I want to stay away from installing non-US titles.

Last edited by OldGnashburg,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copy may work, 'cause the system allows you to move or to copy content. I copied mine for cbhc, so my tile doesn't show "don't touch." in fact, it didn't change at all. however the game will be shown on the system in one tile. I'm not sure how well changing the title id would be. the .tik (tickets) contain the content id. I don't know if it's using that to find the ticket on your system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are sure? Have you tried it yourself? I'm assuming I would have to unpack and edit the meta.xml or something, do you know how I would do that? Also I want to stay away from installing non-US titles.

you can get the meta.xml with ftpii u everywhere. that might be the easiest way. I know that that file contains the game name (probably title id too). I think nintendo relied way too heavily on xml files when it comes to the security of the system.

iirc, since it's a game, it will be in the 00050000 folder. I think it's the first 8 bytes that determine game, update, or dlc. then, it's followed by the content id.

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a backup of important files on my hdd or ones that I've modified. the title id is in the meta.xml, but I don't think this is going to work.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a backup of important files on my hdd or ones that I've modified. the title id is in the meta.xml, but I don't think this is going to work.
Man that sucks, if Loadiine wasn't ridiculously slow I would just use that, have a dual hard drive setup for my vWii, if only I could get loadiine to read the NTFS partition.

Reactions: jamoosh

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's why some people were using the title id for going from homebrew browser to vwii's homebrew channel. I have usb loader gx that I think does that. instead of going through the hassle of creating your own title id, it's using the one above. that's part of what makes me think it's not such a simple task.

you have to be really careful with content on the wii u, 'cause if anything is out of place, the game will not boot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, you might see what copy does (if anything). apparently, the system reads the usb version first or it takes precedence. I think that's why my stuff didn't change from redNAND to "don't touch." both games are on there, but they're using different files. it does not hinder anything as I've had it set up this way for several years.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have redNAND, but unlike a tradition emuNAND it just redirects stuff but things still get confused, if you delete titles on SysNAND, it'll show corrupted data on RedNAND and you won't be able to get rid of it, so it's pointless. I have SysConfig Tool working on both RedNAND and SysNAND, though I would only seriously mess with it on RedNAND.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have redNAND on my card as well. the original NAND dumper would truncate the file, so redNAND has a tendency to get corrupted. I've never seen it happen to me, but I've read various reports that it does, which is why most don't like messing with redNAND.

NewkTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the TeconMoon vWii Injector for one title and then change the title the 2nd time and install it twice. Of you want the same thing on a Wii U game, use the built in function of USB Helper.

Last edited by NewkTV,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet