Is it possible to install flashme from....

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by ChaosBoi, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Well, I don't have a slot-2 card and I'm still pretty new to the ds scenes. What I was wondering is that is it possible to install Flashme from an M3 Simply? Also, how risky is that thing about the SL1 where you use like a metal object (Such as a screwdriver) to touch the SL1 thing?

2. vancitypimp

vancitypimp Newbie

I dont think it's possible since Im pretty sure the flashme programs are designed to work from slot2 only. But Im not 100%.

And it's not very risky since all you do is short the 2 contacts and even if it slips while its flashing it will pause the flashing process. But obviously, you don't want to turn off your DS until it hits 100% or its a guaranteed brick. Just charge the battery fully and use common sense, it's pretty much idiot proof.

3. unrequited

unrequited Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    It's possible, I just did it this afternoon to a new Coral Pink DS Lite... I got scared because apparently the US has a new firmware and it doesn't get recognized by flashme7 so it pops up a warning first.

4. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Does it have that recovery thing if the DS ever bricks (Installing it from slot-1 of course)?

5. TheValeman

TheValeman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2006
    New Zealand
    Flashing the old model phat NDS itself is a piece of cake but if you aren't careful to insulate the item you're using to short a NDSL you can brick one of those pretty easily. I've only ever used or seen used a slot 2 adapter though .... so I cant say re using a slot 1 adapter.

But in all honesty .... why flash a console when a slot 1 card like the R4DS is sooo cheap and has a passthru to slot 2 ... and doesn't invalidate your warranty? After all ....flashing leaves a footprint that Nintendo could use to refuse fixing a dead console whereas a passkey/slot 1 leaves no evidence at all.