Hacking Is it possible to hack super mario world on the wii to use wii mote?

Euden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering since siper mario games were re released in the all starts wii game, is it possible to mod the virtual console to use the wii motes as controllers instead as i dont have the classic controller or any gamecube controllers?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont even think you can play this with the wii mote since you wouldnt be able to perform every action to complete the game (meaning running, jumping and spin jumping)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a gamestop around your area pick up a classic controller used it's only 15 bucks. and it should be the snes style. not the sony looking kind one.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
well since you have the game already you can use snes9xgx and it is not illegal

Yes it is. The Wii port is not the same as the original game which you play through snes9x.
In order to 'legally' play SNES ROMs, you need to own the SNES game, not a wii port of it.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States

Yes it is. The Wii port is not the same as the original game which you play through snes9x.
In order to 'legally' play SNES ROMs, you need to own the SNES game, not a wii port of it.
Hear hear! If you could rip the ROM from the Wii disc (is that even possible or did they severely modify it?) and put it in an emulator, it'd be perfectly legal, but downloading a ROM from the internet that you do not legally own is illegal.

Sorry to hear that, though :(. Classic Controllers are relatively inexpensive though, and the Classic Controller Pro (the new one) is probably the best game controller I've ever used in terms of comfort.

wiisixtyfour

Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it IS possible with the right Ocarina/Gecko code.
Yes I know that a code is possible to change the controls, but I believe it's impossible to map all the different button controls you need on a plain Wii remote (with a code). If it was a game that used a Wii remote which you wanted to map to classic controller it would definitely be possible.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm pretty sure it IS possible with the right Ocarina/Gecko code.
Yes I know that a code is possible to change the controls, but I believe it's impossible to map all the different button controls you need on a plain Wii remote (with a code). If it was a game that used a Wii remote which you wanted to map to classic controller it would definitely be possible.

But the OP wants to play Super Mario Bros./World with the Wiimote. Super Mario Bros./World just needs simple button remapping. You can already play SNES games with a Wiimote with snes9xgx.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

What are you talking about? The VC version is exactly the same game as the SNES version, as it's a emulated version of the original SNES game's ROM. The difference between playing the VC version and emulating it with Snes9x GX is that with the first method you're using a official emulator, whereas with the second you're using a unofficial one.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesnt matter its the same content. Its bought for the Wii, its ment to be played on the Wii, not SNES. You need to own the cart for SNES in order to be allowed to have a backup ROM of the cart.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It doesnt matter its the same content. Its bought for the Wii, its ment to be played on the Wii, not SNES. You need to own the cart for SNES in order to be allowed to have a backup ROM of the cart.
Rubbish. By purchasing a game from the Virtual Console you get a license. This means that in this case Super Mario World is licensed to the OP. Hence why he can legally make a backup of a VC game.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many buttons does SMW need to play? i think four maybe... if i knew how to make this hack... i would be glady to help and if i did have a spare CC i would let you buy it off of me..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu