Is it possible to enable region free without a gamepad?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Coolsonickirby, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Coolsonickirby
    OP

Coolsonickirby GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    Would it be possible to have region free without the gamepad? I accidentally broke my gamepad and most games I play are Japanese region games. Thanks in advance.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Most current CFWs have region free, but you'd need a gamepad to run them directly from browserhax, or install a CFW

You could change the game region over ftpiiu-everywhere, but (unless you already have haxchi/cbhc + wiimote + hbl channel) you'd need a gamepad to get into that homebrew

You could use System Config Tool to change the game region, which can be used with a pro controller, but unless you already have it, you need access to homebrew to run wupinstaller

3. Coolsonickirby
    OP

Coolsonickirby GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    So it would be very unlikely to access the jap game without a gamepad other than System Config Tool which I don't have installed. Thanks for your help.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yeah, when people way "a WU without gamepad is useless" it's an exaggeration in the literal meaning, but not by that much...

5. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Try to either get a Japanese Wii U Gamepad [They're region locked] or try playing around with US one, flashing another firmware to it [Which is very advanced tbh]

Technically, it's possible without gamepad but you still need atleast a damn Wiimote and a Pro controller to do most of your stuff.