Homebrew Is it possible to edit game saves without homebrew?

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno about Pokémon but the creator is the company Datel. You can go to their website and go to the request a code part, the only issue Is i have barely ever, if never actually see them issue a code from request

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno about Pokémon but the creator is the company Datel. You can go to their website and go to the request a code part, the only issue Is i have barely ever, if never actually see them issue a code from request

Well that's reassuring lol. I'll try anyways. Thanks for all your help :)

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just one more question on the Powersaves. I'm using it right now, and it shows me the saves I backed up. Does anyone know where exactly I can access the save files? I want to copy and paste them onto an SD card (for another backup in case my laptop decides to crash on me).

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just one more question on the Powersaves. I'm using it right now, and it shows me the saves I backed up. Does anyone know where exactly I can access the save files? I want to copy and paste them onto an SD card (for another backup in case my laptop decides to crash on me).

Main Powersaves screen, click "options" and under "auto backup" there should be a clickable directory shown. Click on it and it'll take you to all the saves that it's backed up.

Unless you prefer it manually:
C:\Users\XXXXX\Powersaves3DS (default directory unless you specified a specific path for installation)

Last edited by Posghetti,
Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Main Powersaves screen, click "options" and under "auto backup" there should be a clickable directory shown. Click on it and it'll take you to all the saves that it's backed up.

Unless you prefer it manually:
C:\Users\XXXXX\Powersaves3DS (default directory unless you specified a specific path for installation)

I found them! Thanks so much :)

Another question. I tried using the Power saves on X for the Battle Frontier, since Alpha Sapphire has cheats where you can have 49 wins for each of the Super Battles. Unfortunately, X doesn't have those cheats (figures -.- Hopefully Datel looks at my request for that). So instead I tried editing my Pokemon, but I find the Power Saves very confusing in that regard.

So I just tried using PKHex with the save that I backed up. Unfortunately, that doesn't work either since my save is not decrypted. Is there any program at all that allows me to decrypt my saves, or do I absolutely need Homebrew to do that?

And if for some reason I lose my X cartridge, could I buy another one and restore my old data on it using powersaves? Or does restoring only work with the original cartridge the data came from?

Last edited by RedRose30,

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found them! Thanks so much :)

Another question. I tried using the Power saves on X for the Battle Frontier, since Alpha Sapphire has cheats where you can have 49 wins for each of the Super Battles. Unfortunately, X doesn't have those cheats (figures -.- Hopefully Datel looks at my request for that). So instead I tried editing my Pokemon, but I find the Power Saves very confusing in that regard.

So I just tried using PKHex with the save that I backed up. Unfortunately, that doesn't work either since my save is not decrypted. Is there any program at all that allows me to decrypt my saves, or do I absolutely need Homebrew to do that?

And if for some reason I lose my X cartridge, could I buy another one and restore my old data on it using powersaves? Or does restoring only work with the original cartridge the data came from?

1) Well, I've heard that you can decrpyt a Pokemon Powersaves backup and make it readable for PKHeX but you won't be able to edit it and re-inject it back into the cart.

2) I'm sure that you'll need the OG cart pertained to whatever save you backed up to (someone who has 2 of the same cartridge games and a Powersaves confirm for me T-T)

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Well, I've heard that you can decrpyt a Pokemon Powersaves backup and make it readable for PKHeX but you won't be able to edit it and re-inject it back into the cart.

2) I'm sure that you'll need the OG cart pertained to whatever save you backed up to (someone who has 2 of the same cartridge games and a Powersaves confirm for me T-T)

...Wow. That really sucks. So it really isn't a true back up :(

If I figured out how to homebrew my 3DS, could I backup my Pokemon X save and restore it to another X cartridge?

And I know I would be able to use PKHex, but could I re-inject the edited save back to my cart?

Sorry about all these questions btw. I just want to make sure I really know what I'm doing.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

With homebrew, yes.

Thanks for telling me. There were a few responses before saying that I could use OoT to get homebrew (I could be interpreting this wrong). Would that be possible on the latest firmware, or am I going to have to get another 3DS that's on a lower firmware?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for telling me. There were a few responses before saying that I could use OoT to get homebrew (I could be interpreting this wrong). Would that be possible on the latest firmware, or am I going to have to get another 3DS that's on a lower firmware?

It's possible on the latest firmware, but that requires either a Powersaves or another 3DS that can enter Homebrew on it's own to install the haxxed save for OoT.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have a cartridge of OoT3D and either a Powersaves device or another 3DS with homebrew access (and below system version 11.0 or with CFW), you can install oothax to your cart, allowing you to access the homebrew launcher on your 11.2 3DS.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm very happy to say I have both OoT3D and Powersaves. Sweet! So I'm good? I can actually really install it?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, I'm very happy to say I have both OoT3D and Powersaves. Sweet! So I'm good? I can actually really install it?
Yep. Just download this, and find the appropriate save file in the saveimages_powersaves folder. You can use the 11.1.0 save file; it'll work on 11.2. Note that it won't have a 100% bootrate; give it a few tries if it doesn't work the first time, and try a save file from each cardid folder if the first one you try doesn't work. The file should be POST5_U_26624_usa_9221.bin for Old 3DS, and N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin for New 3DS, assuming your 3DS and OoT are North American region.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Just download this, and find the appropriate save file in the saveimages_powersaves folder. You can use the 11.1.0 save file; it'll work on 11.2. Note that it won't have a 100% bootrate; give it a few tries if it doesn't work the first time, and try a save file from each cardid folder if the first one you try doesn't work. The file should be POST5_U_26624_usa_9221.bin for Old 3DS, and N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin for New 3DS, assuming your 3DS and OoT are North American region.

I will try this later on today. Thanks so much! Everyone was a huge help :)

Reactions: Luro02

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place