Is it possible to do the cloning glitch on Pokémon (Gold/Silver/Crystal) 3DS VC?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by skullkeeper94, Apr 20, 2017.

1. skullkeeper94
    OP

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    (If I didn't post this in the right thread, my apologies. I was confused.)

Hello! I have Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal on my 3DS using Ultimate GBC Injector (or whatever the name is) and I was wondering, is it possible to do the cloning glitch?

It seems worth the while, but I have attempted multiple times to no avail. I've tried following a guide like the 3DS WAS a CBC, bringing up VC menu, then turning off, closing Crystal, but no clone.

2. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    i think your best bet would be to use a emulator to to clone what you want and then inject the save back.

its a case of how the 3ds is setup and works it might work but might be long to solve it.

Last edited by Flame, Apr 21, 2017
  3. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    technicly it should work...

4. skullkeeper94
    OP

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    Okay, so, on my tablet, I'm using JohnGBC.
    The 3DS Crystal saves are ".dat" files while one on my tablet are ".rtc" and ".sav" files. How would I go about using the 3DS save? Or do I just need to use a different emulator?

5. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    get this homebrew https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

export your save with Crystal

which will be in the JKSV folder under saves under what ever you named it with JKSV which should contain a sav.dat

do what you want to do with it in JohnGBC but before rename the sav.dat to pokemon blue or what ever to .sav i.e. pokemon.sav

after done

then rename to sav.dat again and put in the same folder in JKSV

and then import

you are done! ask if you run in to any problems

Last edited by Flame, Apr 21, 2017