Hacking Is it possible to activate a Ninetendo Wii Game without going to the s

karen3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Nintendo Wii. However recently the Nintendo Wii Sensor broke, so we cannot select the game we wish to play. Is there a way to go directly to the game?

PS. We can play the game without the sensor, just cannot select to start the game...

Thanks!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
use a classic controller or a guitar hero remote.
or get a new sensor they're like $10 max.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
karen3 said:
I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Nintendo Wii. However recently the Nintendo Wii Sensor broke, so we cannot select the game we wish to play. Is there a way to go directly to the game?

PS. We can play the game without the sensor, just cannot select to start the game...

Thanks!

If you can't get out to get a bar, in a pinch you can light two candles the same distance apart as the shiny edges of the sensor bar and point the wii remote at that and use that.

The sensor bar emits lights you can't see with your eyes but the wii remote sees it and it will treat the candles like a sensor bar.

the sensor bar doesn't receive any information, it only plugs into the wii for power, it makes those lights so the wii remote knows where "center" is.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Orrr, if your Wii is old enough, you can install bootmii to boot2 and have that autoboot the HBC when you start up your system, and then load the game through GeckoOS from the HBC, which you can do with a GC controller.

You can also use preloader 0.29 to autoboot into the HBC or even directly into GeckoOS in that case. Just make sure you're on a system menu that can use it first.

I believe preloader also has a hack that can autoboot the disc on startup if you hold a certain direction on something.

Edit: Though I suppose to install any of those in the first place you would need to get a working sensor bar/use a classic controller to get to the HBC as well. If you really don't wanna buy either of em, at least see if you can borrow something from someone else and just install those so you don't NEED them.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And a slightly more ridiculous suggestion: if you have a modchip, you could patch a backup of Brawl to autoboot.

But yeah, if you can't get your hands on a replacement sensor bar soon enough, I think a Classic Controller will control the System Menu (not a GC controller, though).

Or any pair of infrared light sources will do - all the sensor bar is is a set of four infrared LEDs on each side under the shiny black plastic. Candles (as mentioned above) emit IR as well as visible light so they'd work apart from the whole candlewax-on-your-TV thing. You could potentially get away with holding two TV/DVD/etc remotes roughly that far apart with a button held down on each if you were feeling masochistic...

While I'm rambling about sensor bars, a good way to check if your sensor bar is working is to look at it through a digital camera's screen - I think really expensive cameras include IR filters but most don't, so you can see if the LEDs are lit.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just get a replacement sensor bar
lecture.gif

or do the trick with the 2 candles if you're lack of money...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...