Hacking Is it possible at all to extract GBA games from their VC releases at all?

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I was actually wondering about this for quite some time since the hacking community for the Wii U has taken off. Just kind of curious if someone has found a method to do that yet.

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then how do you explain this then :P.
upload_2016-6-18_17-45-35.png

if it was that simple, I wouldn't even be here right now lol.

D

Deleted User

I literally tried to disassemble the SNES virtual console to find where the ROM is stored, but to no avail (tried three different disassemblers, none of which could open the dumped elf file).

There is apparently a way to dump the ROM from the console's memory while the game is running by doing something with TCPGecko.NET. Search the forums, you are bound to find it. Be careful with TCP Gecko, one wrong poke will freeze your console.

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally tried to disassemble the SNES virtual console to find where the ROM is stored, but to no avail (tried three different disassemblers, none of which could open the dumped elf file).

There is apparently a way to dump the ROM from the console's memory while the game is running by doing something with TCPGecko.NET. Search the forums, you are bound to find it. Be careful with TCP Gecko, one wrong poke will freeze your console.
Hey. Thanks for helping me out. Just found this guide online!

https://gist.github.com/Prof9/ed3d0e70d8f8a3116a5f5db29b54873d

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: