Gaming Is it (or will it ever be) possible to install the WIld Area Updates onto CFW switch without going o

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Been playing Pokemon Sword/Shield on cfw switch. Have no interest of going online, but would like to know if its possible to get game's Wild Area updates (that change out wild pokemon once in a while via download), onto an offline cfw switch? Via some NPS or something or other.

Thanks!

Reactions: TheJez

Calebcass1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine wild areas not out yet, but people have uploaded (can't say where) the update for it with the pass, but the dlc itself won't be out until later this year. Google is your friend on where to find those

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I would imagine wild areas not out yet, but people have uploaded (can't say where) the update for it with the pass, but the dlc itself won't be out until later this year. Google is your friend on where to find those

Im not talking about those, I am talking about the Wild Area that comes in base game.

TheJez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im not talking about those, I am talking about the Wild Area that comes in base game.
There are some replies on other posts, they say that at this point it is impossible to extract the Wild Area News with Edizon nor Checkpoint, as they are stored as common saves (only one user needs to download them on the console so everyone can use it). I'm hoping the new Edizon release can do it, as I'm not able to to go into raids with my GF that has an untouched Switch.

Some people say that the common saves (Wild Area News) can be extracted with Edizon if the user save does not exist, but that's something I'm not able to try as my Switch is banned. So, I think we'll have to wait.

Eonarma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
There are some replies on other posts, they say that at this point it is impossible to extract the Wild Area News with Edizon nor Checkpoint, as they are stored as common saves (only one user needs to download them on the console so everyone can use it). I'm hoping the new Edizon release can do it, as I'm not able to to go into raids with my GF that has an untouched Switch.

Some people say that the common saves (Wild Area News) can be extracted with Edizon if the user save does not exist, but that's something I'm not able to try as my Switch is banned. So, I think we'll have to wait.
Why arent you able to play with your GF? even if you are banned you should be able to play localy

TheJez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I do not have the Wild Area News, we can play together when I create the raid, but I cannot join the raids she creates with the wild area updated (Gigantamax events) on her Switch.

Th3Alic3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The downloaded Wild Area News (components included Raid encounters for Promoted Nests) do have individual ID associated. This prevents players with different ID'd data from seeing/joining those Raids.

The access to the Block Data required to do was added to PKHeX this month.

Since PKHeX added this feature, ProjectPokemon had started including Raid data for separate download. There's plenty of how-to's over on that site for implementing them.

Last edited by Th3Alic3,
Reactions: TheJez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o