Gaming Is it ok to download wads from internet since Wii Shop Channel is closed?

DD2XAlpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since you can not spend money on the Wii Shop Channel and no one is going to make profit anymore of the software from the Shop Channel is ok to download wads from the internet?

Also would be ok if I upload wads to the internet and making them public for everyone?

Other thing, I've been thinking about in making a Wad downloader (for PC, then install them using any wad manager) so it would be easy to download Wads for everyone. But since I don't really know anything about law, politics and all that stuff is why I am asking. Don't get so excited about this project, is only an idea.

Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you can not spend money on the Wii Shop Channel and no one is going to make profit anymore of the software from the Shop Channel is ok to download wads from the internet?

Also would be ok if I upload wads to the internet and making them public for everyone?

Other thing, I've been thinking about in making a Wad downloader (for PC, then install them using any wad manager) so it would be easy to download Wads for everyone. But since I don't really know anything about law, politics and all that stuff is why I am asking. Don't get so excited about this project, is only an idea.

Thanks!
Legally okay? No.
Morally okay? In my opinion, yes.

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The entire Wii eShop dump is available on torrent sites and it clocks in at 16gb compressed. You can hold it on a thumb drive.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sure why not.
They're there for a reason.

Just... good luck finding any.

Good thing I installed al those I could a long time ago. And I've made a backup of [system] in my laptop just in case.

The_Debt_Collector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good point. I'd love to do that project but I am afraid of the law hahahaha
You're very unlikely to get into legal trouble for downloading pirated software. Unless someone comments on the torrent saying he/she got an email regarding copyright infringement for downloading that torrent, it is safe.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem is sharing content like you would with a torrent. file sharing sites or usenet should be pretty safe. both can get dmca'd, but it's unlikely you'll get into trouble. a vpn might work with torrents or a private tracker.

Reactions: atoxique

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.