Gaming Is it normal for a DS to sometimes not read the card inserted?

FFdreamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm currently using a DS Phat I bought off ebay and an acekard 2i, every now and then when I insert the card it says no game card inserted. It doesn't happen too often, like once every 10-15-20 times. Pulling the card out and putting it back in again solves the problem. Thanks!

Frostshocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like the usual contact error its pretty normal just reinsert or jiggle it about a bit and it reads again my DS "phat" does this too
smile.gif

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
happens to me whenever i switch around the homebrew, usually blowing the dust out helps

happens with normal games too from time to time, though it happens a lot more often with the gba slot

D

Deleted-188346

FFdreamer said:
I'm currently using a DS Phat I bought off ebay and an acekard 2i, every now and then when I insert the card it says no game card inserted. It doesn't happen too often, like once every 10-15-20 times. Pulling the card out and putting it back in again solves the problem. Thanks!
This happens to me all the time.
I've replaced the card through warranty, and the problem is still there.
Seems like it's fairly common among AceKard 2i.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite does this like 5% of the time, just something that happens I guess?

One thing I can say might help a little is that do not keep a game fully inserted in your DS. I usually pop mine half way out when I sleep, I may be crazy but I believe the pins are like springs and may get "tired" if you keep them pushed all the time.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
JonthanD said:

One thing I can say might help a little is that do not keep a game fully inserted in your DS. I usually pop mine half way out when I sleep, I may be crazy but I believe the pins are like springs and may get "tired" if you keep them pushed all the time.

more like every time you slide the cart up and down the pins, you damage them a little more o-o;;

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
JonthanD said:

more like every time you slide the cart up and down the pins, you damage them a little more o-o;;

Yeah but once a day is hardly that bad
smile.gif

But either way its still better then putting my originals in and out of the system all the time. I can only imagine the wear that would cause.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: