Hacking Emulation Gaming Is it morally correct to pirate games that cannot be obtained officially from the company that made/published them?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skv0ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn right I would if it means another clear month!

On-topic - if something is not readily available anymore, it means the devs/publisher have made the revenue they wanted, and seeing how more and more stuff is becoming digital-only, pirating is the only choice left.

Now, when we're talking what is/was physically available on the 2nd hand market - same deal really. People obsessing with owning that Pokemon Blue cart with that annoying-ass CR battery that always dies in a few years over having your rom and save on pc, phone, and about any other system you own just outright outweighs having to get AAs and a GBC/A to play in broad daylight.

• Haha
Reactions: hippy dave

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Morality, just like religion, are individual concerns. What's right and what's wrong on the other hand concerns to law and law enforcers.

The correctness of our actions depending on the context are right or wrong, and sometimes both, again, depending on the context of the situation.

But for sake of ease and simplicity, I'd say its not morally correct to pirate games that can't be bought legally anymore, but also there's nothing wrong by doing it.

Morality doesn't take care of right or wrong, but something being correct or not, and those are very diferent concepts.

spartan1096

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I would rather say it's morally......justified.
Also, I believe it's also morally justified to pirate games that despite still officially selling but the money won't go to original creators and the current rights holder never bothered to put any serious extra efforts on it, like some games have compatibility issues with newer OS or have never-fixed game-breaking bugs, etc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Scummy corporations being assholes don't deserve to be rewarded for their behaviour. Shouldn't even pirate their shit, but if you really want one of their games without supporting them, well, the option exists.
I wrote that forgetting to add that I meant for the new releases as well, uh.

Last edited by DarkCoffe64,

Fumigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved forza horizon 3 back when I had a xbox. Been a PC gamer for 24 years but at the time all I could afford was a xbox. bought 4 and 5 and they are great and all ... but man the cars in 3... so yeah ... I dual boot a older copy of Win10 just for my 'special copy ' of FH3 since MS does not sell it anymore and a key site wants $130 plus for it. Wish I bought it digital on xbox then it would work on PC , but I had physical . Still play it and even Dirt 2

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I am now as captain pirate. aaaaah shiver my timbers.

If I find a nice booty. Ill send my seaman over to take care of it.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It doesn't hurt any potential profits, because the company that did sell the game does not want to sell it anymore.
So I'd say "yes". There's no harm or damage being done to anyone.

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if something is not readily available anymore, it means the devs/publisher have made the revenue they wanted, and seeing how more and more stuff is becoming digital-only, pirating is the only choice left.
This is EXACTLY what I think about this
Post automatically merged:

Who cares about morals in this lol There are way WORSE stuff that is not moral.
Literally everyone other than you that opened this post
Post automatically merged:

The results so far (Spanish Edition):

Reactions: Skv0ra

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1000015565.jpg

Site & Scene News