Hacking Is it me or the scroll bar really hard to use?

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the cyclod DS is awesome in every aspect...but when it comes to using the scroll bar to pick which backup game to play...Seriously...does anyone use it? I mean is it just me or is it hard to move it around with the touch stylist to scroll down on the Rom files?

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's pretty small. I just always use the d-pad to navigate the menu. Or, you can actually move the stylus down on the lower part of the touchscreen to scroll down, but doing that is a bit inaccurate.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is pretty retarded. don't even know why they put it on there if you can't use it.
SleepingDragon said:
Well, it's pretty small. I just always use the d-pad to navigate the menu. Or, you can actually move the stylus down on the lower part of the touchscreen to scroll down, but doing that is a bit inaccurate.
yep that's what i had to do. it's not too bad, but using the dpad > stylus on the cyclo

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this same thing initially and was going to ask TC if they would include a "lefty" option in 1.4 final. Then I realized that if you hold your stylus in the top or bottom corners the list will scroll. Very quickly at that. So I'm assuming that the scroll bar is just there to show you where you're at in your list.

PS3sixty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to actually touch the scroll bar. You can touch the stylus anywhere on the screen and drag it.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the scrollbar is a purely decorative iten to indicate your position in the menu. It serves no practical purpose.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3sixty said:
You don't have to actually touch the scroll bar. You can touch the stylus anywhere on the screen and drag it.
Not quite sure that's true b/c when I tried doing that, it would just click on the file and not really move down or up. I am starting to think it is for decorative use though.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks FAT D! I like using the scroll button
biggrin.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skagamer said:
I thought this same thing initially and was going to ask TC if they would include a "lefty" option in 1.4 final. Then I realized that if you hold your stylus in the top or bottom corners the list will scroll. Very quickly at that. So I'm assuming that the scroll bar is just there to show you where you're at in your list.
Correct. I wish they would actually make it scroll itself but right now it is just to show where you are in a list. It's still useful to me though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...