Gaming Is it allowed to crack games you purchased?

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering if this is a common practice, I actually cracked my mass effect 3 copy because ME3 dlcs cannot be used without any internet connection.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Depends on your country - this is usually part of the right you may or may not have to reverse engineer a product for adaptation/interoperability purposes, as well of the right you may or may not have to maintain "performance" of a product you own

Of course, in a so-called free country nobody is guilty of a crime until 1- charged 2- arrested 3- tried 4- convicted, soooo...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As mentioned : it depends on the country laws. Usually, cracks are considered illegal because they go against the intent of the software creator. But on the other hand, it is often legal to change software you've purchased, so... It sort of depends on your perspective.

Of course, in a so-called free country nobody is guilty of a crime until 1- charged 2- arrested 3- tried 4- convicted, soooo...
Erm... No. You are only ASSUMED innocent until you are proven of a crime. If you commit a crime, you are guilty. That's just the definition of the word and has nothing to do with any country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn