Is Fear 3 any good?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quincy said:
There is no need for bumping this topic.

And GBATemp has a PC/MAC subforum: http://gbatemp.net/f166-computer-systems
Please ask there.
... The game came/comes out on more than PC, it's out on PS3 and Xbox, therefore other systems, general consoles works...

And I bumped the thread because there was no one answering.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a fear 3 review on g4. they seemed to like it, but I heard elsewhere that the game is kind of a slap in the face to the first two. (aka - if you liked those, don't get this one).

never played it myself, so I can't tell you from personal experience.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet, but my cousin said the game was decent, graphics are good, but the story is short enough to be finished in one sitting.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I threw it in the bin after 1 hour. It felt like call of duty. Except from 2-3 schocking scenes, it just wasn't f.e.a.r. for me
frown.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ You guys know major reviewer ratings are completely useless right? They're generally a terrible way to decide if a game is good or not. Tons of fantastic games get underrated because they can't pay to be reviewed better.

Anyways I liked Fear 1, but 2 and 3 aren't really worth getting IMO. If I wanted a "scary" shooter, i'd just get Dead Space or something.
Or The Darkness.

D

Deleted User

Hells Malice said:
^ You guys know major reviewer ratings are completely useless right? They're generally a terrible way to decide if a game is good or not. Tons of fantastic games get underrated because they can't pay to be reviewed better.

Anyways I liked Fear 1, but 2 and 3 aren't really worth getting IMO. If I wanted a "scary" shooter, i'd just get Dead Space or something.
Or The Darkness.

And yet I prefer Metacritic to fanboys.

Also Dead Space Series> FEAR Series.

Fear is more of an "Emo" Scary game, while dead space is Gory fun

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't metacritic the system that rates things based on FAN reviews, not big guys? It's all the same crap really, it's just so much easier to watch gameplay videos of anything, or playing demos where available.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Isn't metacritic the system that rates things based on FAN reviews, not big guys? It's all the same crap really, it's just so much easier to watch gameplay videos of anything, or playing demos where available.
no, they have a metascore which is an average of all scores given by "the big guys"
then a different user score which is fan reviews

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ