Hacking Is dealextreme.com a relibable, trustworth site?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I just tracked my order and it's already in Portugal, since the 10th. It has departed from customs, but I dunno how much it takes to get here.

emmsmama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just received my order today that I placed on 6/26/07 so approx. 2.5 wks. to get to Canada. I'm happy enough to order again from them
smile.gif

JohnDrake

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must be incredibly unlucky. I placed an order on the 9th of July. Soon after I received an email saying that my order had shipped. All of it. After that I went to the Hong Kong Post web site and got a confirmation stating that my order had left Hong Kong.

Just a couple of days ago I received an email from Deal Extreme saying that all of my order DID NOT SHIP. They wont return my emails and they have given me no reason for the delay.

I honestly wish I had never ordered from them. Their service is terrible and no one on the site speaks English.

Based on my experience I would never recommend this site to anyone.

stay away from deal extreme, far away...

I may cancell my order. I probably will once I get a reply from DE and PayPal.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative site? I'm looking for the R4 with a 2GB card.

Thanks for your help.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so far I haven't had a problem.

Ordered on the 14th it was shipped on the 16th and left hong kong on the 20th. If I'm lucky I'll see my order this week.

JohnDrake

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No only did this website lie to me and say that all my items had shipped, but now they have actually RAISED THE PRICE on the items that did not ship.

That's a scam if I've ever seen one.

Sorry I'm so grumpy. I just feel like I've been ripped off. I did a search around other forums before posting today and I found many people with the same problem.

Can anyone recomend a good site to get a 2GB R4?

JohnDrake

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A fellow customer just posted this information on another site:

QUOTE said:
Have you gotten the shipment? If so, there prob is a small piece of paper in there saying blah blah blah were sorry not all items were available, will be sent later etc. With no mention of what items, of course. Also if you get that note, you prob wont ever se the items, expect a refund in 2-3 months after they figured out they couldnt get the items... been there oh so many times

2 to 3 months for a refund?

Has anyone else had this problem?

emmsmama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't have a problem with my order so I will likely order from them again. However, I did order a 2GB micro from amazon.com for $22 and when it came it was a Japan one so that is one option for the 2GB card. If you order over $25 it is free shipping.

JohnDrake

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you all for your feedback. As of now I'm not planning on canceling my order. Although I am still looking for an alternative site just in case. You guys (gbatemp.net) have never steered me wrong on anything. This place is an information goldmine and I'm very happy to be part of the site. I guess I'll just try and be patient.

I was just thrown into a panic attack when I saw that they delayed the most important item in my shipment and then raised the price on said item. I'm sure that might make some of you worry as well.

JohnDrake

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bad news from the Deal Extreme forums...

QUOTE said:
As there are a many e-mail questions about the availability of R4, here's is a quick update.

Official explanation is that there is a flash chip shortage. Rumor (HK forums) has it that R4's factories have closed.

Although flash chips are indeed going up as our MP4's are getting more expensive, chips are widely available. We are not sure about the rumor but personally I don't buy the official explanation. All sales and back orders of R4 products are temporarily paused because we are unsure when the item will be back in stock. Back ordered already received will be shipped as soon as R4 is back. Some estimate that it may be in 1 to 2 weeks. If you have a back order that you no longer wish to wait, please send a ticket to us and we will refund your order.

There exist alternatives which are also attractive. The SuperCard DS One Multimedia Card (newer than R4 with extra features). It's in stock and can be shipped within a day from ordering:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097

So if you recently ordered an R4 from DE you may want to check into this...

jono_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i ve never had a problem with DX, infact the ticket system worked great for me when my harddrive case went bung. they talked easily and in great english.

JohnDrake

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i ve never had a problem with DX, infact the ticket system worked great for me when my harddrive case went bung. they talked easily and in great english.

Thats good to hear. Even with the recent troubles I think I'm still going to tough it out and wait. What else can I do? The place is so damn cheap and the people are friendly. Even if I don't get my R4 I know I'll get my money back.

Still the waiting and the drama are a real drain. I think I'm going to bang my head against the wall.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't apologize. You were trying to get your posts read. No biggie.

Anyways, that's all sounding really shady. I would get your money back, and spend the few extra dollars and get it from RHS. You'll have your order in two days.

r3l4x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The R4's should be back in stock now, I'm really considering placing an order for an R4 with a 1Gb japan kingston. I just have one question, is the EMS service reliable, with them being so slow and everything (I mean the packaging and such)? Ok it might cost me a little bit more but with the current exchange rates it still costs me nearly nothing. Got bless Europe
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/yvivDdRirLA?si=R7xWO-6_-Qa0DDml