Is dealextreme.com a relibable, trustworth site?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by JohnDrake, Jul 8, 2007.

1. JohnDrake
    OP

Banned JohnDrake Banned

United Kingdom
    Hey Everyone.

I'm thinking about placing a large order with dealextreme.com. I'm going to purchase the R4 (one for me and one for my brother) and a bunch of electronic gadgets. However some of their prices seem too good to be true. Plus the "free shipping" option worries me. I don't want to wait months for my items to arrive.

If you have ordered from dealextreme.com were you pleased with their service?

How long did it take for your item to arrive?

Was the item well packed?

What did you order?

If you can answer any or all of the above questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Well, I'm in the same situation as you, but I wouldn't order from them if they weren't reliable. I ordered an R4, EZ 3 in 1 and a protective hard case on Sat, 30 Jun.

The items were shipped from Hong Kong yesterday, now let's see how long it takes. It takes around 10 to 13 days.

3. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    ordered from them 4 times, without problems

great prices, great service!

but it took beetween 7 and 10 days for shipping

4. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

yes they are really reliable

http://romnet.co.uk/main/seller_reviews heres a review of the store. I have never ordered from them, but many people gave me recommendation for that site.

If u live in UK and want to purchase R4 best place will be supercardstore.com. I recieved my products the day afta i ordered.

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Great website. Their staff is friendly too. Too bad my orders usually take 3 weeks ._.

6. JohnDrake
    OP

Banned JohnDrake Banned

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I feel a lot better about ordering from them now.

7. yus786

Member yus786 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    lol they are very very reliable mate

but you should have posted before asking that as there are loooaads of threads asking if they are reliable or not and theres a massive dealextreme thread somewhere too.

ive ordered loads of R4's to sell and ive got them after 5 days (EMS shippin)

regards

yus786

8. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Yes, I wrote a review of them here. If you find my review useful please either click the link to DealExtreme in my signature or on the RomNet homepage so I get some points when you place your order.

Thanks
    - Sam

Edit: Oh, someone already linked to my review [​IMG]

9. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I left them a somewhat negative review on their screen protector I ordered along with R4, (because it was crap) and I think they blocked my IP. I couldn't access dealextreme starting a couple days after I left feedback. I tried my roommates computer it connected =( But my feedback is still there lol

Besides that, DX is awesome source of R4.

10. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    DealExtreme is VERY reliable. I have made 9 orders from them. All of them have worked out well. And be sure to use the link in my sig when purchasing an R4, because those deals are actually a bit cheaper than elsewhere on the site.

11. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Im gonna make an order there soon, im wondering if they also ship to Egypt and if that makes a difference between the weeks of shipping that everyone else reports?
    Egypt is closer to china than most other places

Another problem that i have...EGYPT DOESNT USE POSTCODES [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What should i do when the checking out time comes?
    I want to use the free shipping

12. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I'm sure you can work something out with DealExtreme. You can always order manually by emailing them (or sending them a support ticket) Or ask about it in the forums. They should be able to reply to your problem fairly quickly.

13. fryguy

Member fryguy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I ordered from them once and it worked fine (took about 10 days or so i think). Just ordered some more stuff recently.

14. ProwlingTiger

Newcomer ProwlingTiger Member

United States
    Perhaps my experience was just an isolated one, but it took about 3 weeks to get here. Now, I'm sure your saying "Its coming from China! Of course it will take longer." Wrong, my friend. It took over a week to merely PROCESS my order, thats not even the shipping side.

I do a fair amount of online ordering, usually processing takes around 1-2 days. But a week and a half is a bit too long. Like I said though, they may have a different way of doing things, or perhaps it was just me (though I've read of other experiences like mine.) I'm not recommending them, I'm actually recommending that people avoid them on my sites. Oh, their email support is subpar. I recently moved and forgot to change my paypal address. They were shipping to the wrong home, so I thought I'd email them asking if it had been delivered yet, so I'd know if I should go visit my old house. Their response arrived a week after it was delivered to my address. I had forgot that it went thru USPS, so wrong address or not, my post office would get it to me. But if it hadnt been that way, some other fella could have had a week with my EZFlash [​IMG]

So, I'm looking for a new company to gain my buisness. If anyone knows of a reputable company, PM me, as in my mind, DealExtreme is not.

15. crazyshiza

Member crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

They take a long time to ship the order but that doesn't make them unreliable.

16. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Yep, I just recieved my order from Dealextreme. Took 12 days, but perfectly reliable.

17. cyklo

Newcomer cyklo Member

United Kingdom
    Both I and some friends have bought R4s and 3in1 expansions, all have arrived with no issues. Shipping does take a painfully long time (4 weeks to the UK), but I suppose that's part and parcel of the huge discounts. If you have the patience and the shallow pockets, I'd recommend them.

18. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    DealExtreme is probbably one of the best places for buying DS flash cards at low prices; the only downside is the slow shipping, and if a product other than the R4 goes out of stock, it'll be gone for a while. But DX is reliable.

19. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I ordered there three times with absolutely no problems and nice and fast--though web-based--support. It took about two weeks until I received each order, but I can live with that.

20. ProwlingTiger

Newcomer ProwlingTiger Member

United States
    Apparently you misread my post. They take a long time BEFORE they ship the order. Sure they may be reliable, but there are more reliable places to order. I understand where the shipment is coming from, of course it may take a few weeks. But mine took a week just to process the order.

But, as I said, it was probably just an isolated incident.