All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was looking in a ROM of Utacchi, so I could attempt to translate it for fun, but I couldn't find any images. All I could find were BIN and NARC files. Is CrystalTile2 broken? None of the files I can find even sound like images.

D

Deleted User

Oh my..... again

Translating a rom is not as easy as opening a rom and going "Pictures
biggrin.gif
"
In Short

No It's Not broken.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
king_leo said:
Oh my..... again

Translating a rom is not as easy as opening a rom and going "Pictures
biggrin.gif
"
In Short

No It's Not broken.
I was helping a friend in fixing something in a DS game they were trying to edit, and all the images within the game's files were PNGs. I thought all games were like that.

D

Deleted User

people save the files to images to edit, the import it back

Wait scratch what i said
game company's can't possibly use png's, unless the user did what i said, maybe you got confused?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Actually this game is looking like it's mostly images...I never played the game and just picked one from the list....does this look broken??

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
king_leo said:
game company's can't possibly use png's, unless the user did what i said, maybe you got confused?
Wait, I was mistaken. They were gifs.

QUOTE(Auryn @ Aug 27 2011, 05:56 PM) Actually this game is looking like it's mostly images...I never played the game and just picked one from the list....does this look broken??
Where did you find that? None of the things I did even displayed anything similar to that. How do you even know what makes these things display properly?

D

Deleted User

Ah, Another game like that is kirby mass attack in Japanese, no translate to it and its easy to edit if you know what your doing

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Auryn said:
It's useless that i tell you where "I found" it...it's under your nose.
I better give you this:

https://sites.google.com/site/otomegameguid...t2-graphic-edit

http://www.romhacking.net/docs/%5B469%5Dnds_formats.htm

http://llref.emutalk.net/docs/

and now you probably start to undertand how (sorry) stupid is you thread and your last question.
I still don't understand how you're supposed to know how to make images make sense. I can load 'maps' that make them make sense, but not on all of them. On the ones that I can't load 'maps' of, they never make sense no matter what I do. And I can't export them as images and put them into that tile tool, either. It says the files are invalid.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sometimes you have to puzzle together the image like in the CT2 tutorial.

Sometimes when you load some graphics, they look strange:

Try to change the tile dimention to 8x8 and the image pattern to "tile"...then shift+arrows or ctrl+arrow to adjust the images in the right position and dimentions so that you can put them easy in the tile editor:

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Auryn said:
Sometimes you have to puzzle together the image like in the CT2 tutorial.

Sometimes when you load some graphics, they look strange:

Try to change the tile dimention to 8x8 and the image pattern to "tile"...then shift+arrows or ctrl+arrow to adjust the images in the right position and dimentions so that you can put them easy in the tile editor:
I can't get anything to load into the tile composition tool, though. That's the problem. I save an image just like the tutorial shows, but nothing I do makes the image load into the tile composition tool.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You have to drag and drop from CT2 into Tile composition.
Click and drag (with the left mouse button) on a tile in the left image (the scrambled one) and make a square / rectangle with the part that you want to copy into tile composition (it not called "composition" for nothing
tongue.gif
).
Now now let the mouse button go and re-click inside the marked area and drag it into tile composition (where you want / where is needed to have the complete image) and let the mouse button go.
The marked area should now appear in the tile composition tool.
Repeat all steps till you have the full image you want to edit and then export from tile composition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ